Cooper Ready To Rock At 2011 TT Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cooper Ready To Rock At 2011 TT Races
[Image: centurionhdr.jpg]

Dan Cooper and the Centurion Racing team will go into tomorrow's opening Superbike race at the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races in a good frame of mind after enjoying some positive track time in the final practice session. With Thursday evening's session cancelled due to an oil spillage on a five-mile stretch of the course, it was crucial to take full advantage of Friday's final session and Dan and the team did just that.

Opting to take the Triumph Daytona 675cc out this evening, Dan put in three successive laps on the machine, the best of which was 115.063mph to firmly ensure qualification for the two four-lap Supersport races. After a slight problem on the Wednesday evening with the front mudguard rubbing, this issue was resolved allowing Dan to complete some solid, consistent laps. However, with the session delayed due to a traffic accident, he was unable to get out on his Honda Superstock machine but his lap of 115.163mph from Wednesday had already ensured qualification for tomorrow's six-lap Superbike race, which is due to get underway at 12.00pm.

[Image: dancooperfriday.jpg]

Paul Rees

"I'm happy with how the week's gone and although we would have liked more track time it's been the same for everyone and what time we've had, we've used it well and it was good to get a full night in tonight after Thursday's cancellation. Dan's found the big bike a bit of a beast but he's been relaxed the whole way through and just been going about his business intelligently and professionally. He's enjoying himself as are all the team and it's great to be here. Everyone's so friendly and the atmosphere amongst all the competitors is superb so we can now look forward to race week. It's the Superbike TT first, a full six laps, so we're all hoping Dan has a good, safe and enjoyable ride to put us all in a good frame of mind for the rest of the week."

Centurion Racing will continue to show their support for Help for Heroes, their chosen charity, by displaying H4H logos on the bikes' new livery designed by Rage Designs and team attire. Dan's race helmet has been kindly donated by Arai and will be a one-off design by RichArt showing both the H4H and IOM TT logos. Team Principal Paul Rees, who spent 20 years in Her Majesty's Royal Marine Commandos, was given permission to have the bikes carry the H4H logos in order to encourage the public to be more aware of this charity that supports our Armed Forces, many of whom are making daily sacrifices in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Centurion Racing would specially like to thank Arai, FTR, GPR Racewear, Dunlop, Rage Designs, RichArt, R2 Logo Print & Embroidery, Akrapovic, Daytona, and Alan Smith of Smiths of Gloucester for personally supporting Dan, and all our friends and followers.

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Website Find Reply