Qualifying crash leaves Byrne ninth
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Qualifying crash leaves Byrne ninth
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne had his aspirations of another pole position ended dramatically in the final stage of qualifying at Knockhill as the HM Plant Honda rider got caught out and crashed on a flying lap and will now start the opening race from ninth on the grid.

Byrne was inside the top five in the sessions but as he looked set to improve his position in the final half of the top ten shootout for pole in Q3 he touched the white line and crashed out at the Chicane and was unable to rejoin.

Shakey said:

"I am obviously a bit frustrated to have crashed as I had got away with that line in the previous two sessions. It must have just got slightly wetter and it caught me out when I touched the white line; the front unloaded and down I went. It was a bit of a novice mistake as I was feeling good for the front row but I am sure the HM Plant Honda boys will get everything sorted for me tomorrow and we can challenge them at the front even from the third row."

The first MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race starts at 13:30 tomorrow (Sunday)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Website Find Reply