Pity they don't add a Tuesday contingency race day to this new "strategy"

=======================================================================
See you on the island
15-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 37
RE: New strategy put forward for future of Manx Grand Prix
(15-08-2024, 11:32 AM)H2pots Wrote: Pity they don't add a Tuesday contingency race day to this new "strategy"

Whilst I agree with you, there was reference to 'non availability of marshalls & Medics'

There was a lot of talk over the past couple of years that the 100th would be the last, I'm pleased to hear that we have at least another 5 years

I'm off to iron and pack my pulling pants for Saturday's sailing from Liverpool....
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2024, 12:41 PM by Nasher.)
15-08-2024, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Online

Threads: 23
(15-08-2024, 12:39 PM)Nasher Wrote: There was a lot of talk over the past couple of years that the 100th would be the last, I'm pleased to hear that we have at least another 5 years

Never mind about the lack of contingency day,I'm glad that the talk of the 100th being the last got squashed.

I'll take 5 more years but I'm greedy..... I want many more years

=======================================================================
See you on the island
15-08-2024, 10:09 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 183
My view is rather jaundiced I'm afraid, The Manx in my view has been going downhill for ten years.

I always came to the Manx, not the TT, for the classic bikes and the VMCC rallies. In 2013 the start of the Classic TT two weekends format seemed brilliant to me but almost all the genuine old bikes disappeared as they could not compete or possibly even qualify against the semi production bikes that suddenly appeared.

As a classics rider, the day on day off format allowed integration with the VMCC rally and we had some great times, also the three closed roads 'parade' were fun.

Now two days on and one day off (if you are lucky) and only three days racing with no contingency for the senior, I also found myself marshalling almost every day of the holiday, not wishing to let my sector down. I cannot say I like having the lot over one weekend.

There were other factors such as doubts over our accommodation, price of the ferry and old age but the above hastened my decision to call it a day.

I miss it though!

Sadly you cannot turn the clock back because those days are gone.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
16-08-2024, 10:33 AM
Find Reply