Weather
Spartacus Offline

Threads: 14
Weather
I am due to sail on Thursday 22nd August from Liverpool.
Any ideas what happens if cancellations occur?
What I mean is will we get a refund etc?
I am due to come back Monday evening.
19-08-2024, 11:20 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Weather
They will text you warning of potential cancellations or delays.

It's the cancellation that's the problem, you would then roll onto the next ferry. A delay just means hang about time.

Don't quote me but I'd have thought you'd be eligible for a refund if it's cancelled.

I had the same dilemma with the Monday daytime crossing. I moved the booking and went out on the red eye 12 hours early.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2024, 11:26 AM by H2pots.)
19-08-2024, 11:25 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 509
We're due to sail Thursday afternoon, too, but with up to 60mph gusts of wind I can see a few problems!!!
One of our party is not good on the boats at the best of times!
Think positive!!!! Crossfingers
19-08-2024, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

(19-08-2024, 11:25 AM)H2pots Wrote: They will text you warning of potential cancellations or delays.

It's the cancellation that's the problem, you would then roll onto the next ferry. A delay just means hang about time.

Don't quote me but I'd have thought you'd be eligible for a refund if it's cancelled.

I had the same dilemma with the Monday daytime crossing. I moved the booking and went out on the red eye 12 hours early.

Thank You H2.
19-08-2024, 11:59 AM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

(19-08-2024, 11:46 AM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: We're due to sail Thursday afternoon, too, but with up to 60mph gusts of wind I can see a few problems!!!
One of our party is not good on the boats at the best of times!
Think positive!!!! Crossfingers

Thank you captain.
19-08-2024, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 509
A bit heavy! but I think this may explain it, off the Steam Packet website -
Passengers are also referred to the provisions of EU Regulation 1177 of 2010 which applies to the contract of carriage and contains provisions in the event of cancelled or delayed sailings.
Passengers will be informed as soon as possible and in any event not later than 48 (forty-eight) hours prior to the scheduled departure time of any required alterations or cancellations to future scheduled services.  In such circumstances passengers who have booked in advance to travel will be offered the choice between (a) re-routing to the final destination under comparable conditions as set out in these Conditions at the earliest opportunity and at no additional cost, or (b) reimbursement of the ticket price should you choose to cancel your booking. Such reimbursement of the ticket price at the full cost as purchased shall be made within 7 days in cash, by electronic bank transfer, bank order or bank cheque.  Alternatively, if the passenger agrees, the full reimbursement may also be paid in the form of vouchers and/or other flexible services in an amount equivalent to the price for which the ticket was purchased. Passengers will otherwise be informed of any cancellations or delays to departure as soon as possible and in any event not later than 30 minutes after the scheduled departure time. For such delayed sailings passengers will be informed of the new estimated departure and arrival times as soon as that information is available. If such a cancelled or delayed sailing will cause a passenger to miss a connecting transport service, the Company shall make reasonable efforts to inform the affected passengers of alternative connections.  Such information on cancelled or delayed sailings or alternative connections where required shall be provided in accessible formats to any disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility.
In the event of a cancelled sailing or delayed sailing likely to exceed 90 minutes after the scheduled departure time, passengers waiting to travel on the affected sailing will be offered free of charge snacks, meals or refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time provided they are available or can reasonably be supplied.  Unless such cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship, where and when physically possible, such passengers will also be offered free of charge adequate accommodation on board the vessel or ashore, including any transport required from the port terminal to such accommodation where the cancellation or delay makes it necessary for a passenger to stay one or more nights beyond that originally intended by the passenger. Where provided ashore, the total cost of such accommodation shall not exceed a maximum of EUR 80 per night per passenger, for a maximum of three nights.
Unless any cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship, passengers without losing the right to transport may request compensation from the Company if facing a delay in arrival at the final destination.  The minimum level of compensation shall be as provided in Regulation 1177, being 25% of the ticket price paid for a delay of a least: [(i) one hour in case of a scheduled journey of up to four hours;  (ii) two hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than four hours, but not exceeding 8 hours;  (iii) three hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than eight hours, but not exceeding 24 hours; or (iv) six hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than 24 hours.]  If the delay exceeds double the time set out above the compensation shall be 50% of the ticket price.  In the case of return journeys, compensation for delay in arrival on either the outward or the return leg shall be calculated in relation to 50% of the price paid for the return journey.
19-08-2024, 12:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

(19-08-2024, 12:43 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: A bit heavy! but I think this may explain it, off the Steam Packet website -
Passengers are also referred to the provisions of EU Regulation 1177 of 2010 which applies to the contract of carriage and contains provisions in the event of cancelled or delayed sailings.
Passengers will be informed as soon as possible and in any event not later than 48 (forty-eight) hours prior to the scheduled departure time of any required alterations or cancellations to future scheduled services.  In such circumstances passengers who have booked in advance to travel will be offered the choice between (a) re-routing to the final destination under comparable conditions as set out in these Conditions at the earliest opportunity and at no additional cost, or (b) reimbursement of the ticket price should you choose to cancel your booking. Such reimbursement of the ticket price at the full cost as purchased shall be made within 7 days in cash, by electronic bank transfer, bank order or bank cheque.  Alternatively, if the passenger agrees, the full reimbursement may also be paid in the form of vouchers and/or other flexible services in an amount equivalent to the price for which the ticket was purchased. Passengers will otherwise be informed of any cancellations or delays to departure as soon as possible and in any event not later than 30 minutes after the scheduled departure time. For such delayed sailings passengers will be informed of the new estimated departure and arrival times as soon as that information is available. If such a cancelled or delayed sailing will cause a passenger to miss a connecting transport service, the Company shall make reasonable efforts to inform the affected passengers of alternative connections.  Such information on cancelled or delayed sailings or alternative connections where required shall be provided in accessible formats to any disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility.
In the event of a cancelled sailing or delayed sailing likely to exceed 90 minutes after the scheduled departure time, passengers waiting to travel on the affected sailing will be offered free of charge snacks, meals or refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time provided they are available or can reasonably be supplied.  Unless such cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship, where and when physically possible, such passengers will also be offered free of charge adequate accommodation on board the vessel or ashore, including any transport required from the port terminal to such accommodation where the cancellation or delay makes it necessary for a passenger to stay one or more nights beyond that originally intended by the passenger. Where provided ashore, the total cost of such accommodation shall not exceed a maximum of EUR 80 per night per passenger, for a maximum of three nights.
Unless any cancellation or delay is caused by weather conditions endangering the safe operation of the ship, passengers without losing the right to transport may request compensation from the Company if facing a delay in arrival at the final destination.  The minimum level of compensation shall be as provided in Regulation 1177, being 25% of the ticket price paid for a delay of a least: [(i) one hour in case of a scheduled journey of up to four hours;  (ii) two hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than four hours, but not exceeding 8 hours;  (iii) three hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than eight hours, but not exceeding 24 hours; or (iv) six hours in case of a scheduled journey of more than 24 hours.]  If the delay exceeds double the time set out above the compensation shall be 50% of the ticket price.  In the case of return journeys, compensation for delay in arrival on either the outward or the return leg shall be calculated in relation to 50% of the price paid for the return journey.

Thanks Captain
20-08-2024, 08:59 AM
Find Reply