Laverty sets the pace at Cartagena
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty sets the pace at Cartagena
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Michael Laverty set the pace on the second day of testing at Cartagena as the team moved to the Spanish track for their opening day on circuit, whilst Tommy Hill was just a few tenths off his team-mate.

Laverty quickly adapted to the new track and admitted he was surprised just how fast they could get dialled in as Hill edged towards Laverty in the final session of the day.

Laverty said:

"I am really happy with our fist day here; some of the guys were out yesterday getting some track time, so to be fast is the best possible start. I went straight out and on my third or fourth lap and I was already into the 1m:35s and then we came in with some slight changes and then I had a clear lap and did a 1m:34s dead. We have only been getting the chassis dialled into this circuit after Calafat and made a few slight tweaks to the anti-wheelie and suspension and we have achieved what we need to today so it is a happy Swan Yamaha garage tonight."

John Hopkins and the Samsung Crescent Racing team continued to improve their pace on circuit as they continued to make very little changes as Hopper racked up some more mileage and is feeling confident of further improvement tomorrow.

Josh Brookes also ran in the 1m:35s lap times as he began to feel more comfortable on the Relentless Suzuki, whilst Jon Kirkham believes he just have to find some more corner exit speed tomorrow to slash his lap time on the penultimate day at the circuit.

Unofficial overall test times from Cartagena - Day 2:

1. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) 1m:34.0s
2. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) low 1m:34s
3. John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) 1m:35.1s
4. Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 1m:35.7s
5. Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing) low 1m:36s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Website Find Reply