Sam looking good at Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sam looking good at Assen
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA'S Sam Lowes was an impressive fourth fastest in opening qualification for the third round of the World Supersport Championship at Assen despite being held up on his last laps by traffic.

Miguel Praia on the second Parkalgar Honda worked well with his crew on the set up of his bike during both sessions and ended up 14th. There is another practice and qualifying session tomorrow before the race takes place at 1330CET on Sunday, April 17th.

Sam:

"I ended up fourth but we were first for most of the session. I have not ridden the track in this format and it is taking a bit of getting used to. I am getting things dialled in though and my consistency is good, I am just 0.3s off pole and you have got to be happy with that. In the morning I will go out and do laps and then I'll be on it in the afternoon, there is a lot of time left in me. Towards the end of qualification on my last two laps I was held up but it is only Friday and there is more to come."

Miguel:

"Today we were trying a couple of different things to build on my confidence after a decent result at Donington. It took some time to test everything and we continued through qualifying as well. We were not bothered by the lap time but more in improving my confidence and it worked, I feel we have made a step forward. Tomorrow we will build more and try to attack the second row."

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager said:

"Sam finished the day on the provisional front row. He is consistently in the mid-low 39s and that is competitive. There are improvements as a team and from him so we expect to be challenging for pole tomorrow.

"Miguel is carrying confidence from 11th place at Donington Park and has the potential to challenge for the second row."

[Image: samlowesassen1.jpg]

First Qualifying

1. Florian Marino 1'38.945 Honda CBR600RR (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda)
2. Luca Scassa 1'39.121 Yamaha YZF R6 (Yamaha ParkinGO Team)
3. David Salom 1'39.191 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Kawasaki Motocard.com)
4. Sam Lowes 1'39.291 Honda CBR600RR (Parkalgar Honda)
5. Chaz Davies 1'39.519 Yamaha YZF R6 (Yamaha ParkinGO Team)
6. Broc Parkes 1'39.569 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Kawasaki Motocard.com)
7. Robbin Harms 1'39.766 Honda CBR600RR (Harms Benjan Racing Team)
8. Fabien Foret 1'40.247 Honda CBR600RR (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda)
9. Gino Rea 1'40.273 Honda CBR600RR (Step Racing Team)
10. Massimo Roccoli 1'40.344 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Lorenzini by Leoni)
14. Miguel Praia 1'40.848 Honda CBR600RR (Parkalgar Honda).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Website Find Reply