Centurion Racing To Compete In The IOM TT 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Centurion Racing To Compete In The IOM TT 2011
[Image: centurionhdr.jpg]

Centurion Racing is pleased to confirm their participation in this year's Isle of Man TT Races which takes place between 28th May and 10th June 2011.

The Cornwall-based race team, which had five successful years in the British Supersport Championship, is turning its attention to the world's most famous road race in its Centenary year.

Team rider Dan Cooper from Stroud, who shared in many of Centurion Racing's British Supersport successes, will enter a Triumph 675 Daytona in the Supersport class and a Honda Fireblade in the Superstock and Senior TT races. Dan's race career includes a Championship win in the 125cc class, followed by progression to the Supersport class for Centurion Racing, with regular podium appearances.

Paul Rees, Team Principal, said:

"Dan competed in his first TT race last year and was awarded the acclaimed Bronze TT Replica for his race performance. He has a smooth riding style and steely determination which has always impressed me and which is a good combination for the rugged TT circuit. He's been working hard on his fitness which should stand him in good stead for this year's races and hopefully he will be able to build on his maiden success from last year. There are many professional riders that won't take on the challenge of this ultimate road race but TT riders have something special about them and they love this circuit. Personally I think to undertake the TT you have to be a bit brave and mad to do it, but you need to be a good rider! I'd just like to thank the organisers of the TT who have been brilliant and we're really looking forward to it."

[Image: dancooperpromo.jpg]
Dan Cooper and the Honda Fireblade which he'll ride in the Superstock and Senior TTs this year.

Dan Cooper said:

"I rode there last year and thought it was brilliant so I couldn't wait for it to come round again. This year should be even better as I have gained more confidence, consistency and speed and have the support of Centurion Racing. The TT circuit is truly awesome, especially the organisation and safety measures that the organisers have established. You never stop learning on this circuit no matter how many times you go round. There are more senior, well respected riders out there who have been doing this race for years like John McGuinness, Ian Hutchinson, Conor Cummins, Michael Dunlop and Guy Martin to mention a few, who are constantly adjusting their styles, techniques and are forever learning the circuit. So basically, I have a lot to learn and a lot of catching up to do but it should be good."

Centurion Racing will continue to show their support for Help for Heroes, their chosen charity, by displaying H4H logos on the bikes' new livery designed by Rage Designs and team attire. Dan's race helmet has been kindly donated by Arai and will be a one-off design by RichArt showing both the H4H and IOM TT logos. Team Principal Paul Rees, who spent 20 years in Her Majesty's Royal Marine Commandos, was given permission to have the bikes carry the H4H logos in order to encourage the public to be more aware of this charity that supports our Armed Forces, many of whom are making daily sacrifices in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Wendy Hearn of Arai said:

"We are delighted to be supporting Dan and Centurion Racing at the TT. Anything that helps the public to become more aware of the Help for Heroes charity we are happy to support and wish Dan and the team the very best of luck at the TT."

[Image: helpheroes.jpg][Image: helpheroes.jpg][Image: helpheroes.jpg][Image: helpheroes.jpg][Image: helpheroes.jpg][Image: helpheroes.jpg][Image: helpheroes.jpg]

Centurion Racing will continue to fly the flag and support our chosen charity Help for Heroes.Dan Cooper will be riding both the Triumph 600 and the Honda 1000 in team colours with Help for Heroes medal logos on the fairings alongside sponsor logos. The team attire will also be embroided with the Help for Heroes logos as well as the garage set up.

23-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Website Find Reply