Marshals threatening to quit, claim
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marshals threatening to quit, claim
[Image: manxradiomain.gif]

TT organisers are asking for patience, after a claim some marshals stationed on the more exposed parts of the mountain, have threatened to quit because of the time it can take to get off the course.

The first two practice sessions of TT 2011 were cut short, because of severe weather on Monday evening, and an accident in which two sidecar competitors lost their lives yesterday (Tuesday).

Marshals have to wait for a convoy to arrive before they can leave their positions and some, who live in the north of the Island, have to travel close to Douglas on the one-way system, before heading back up north.

One email to Manx Radio said: 'We have each year complained about procedures that regularly keep us stranded on what is a very cold and isolated location. Each time we complain, we get 'lip-service' responses from our organisers'.

Another, sent by Bob from the Wirral, said: 'I personally arrive from Wirral today, and am considering not taking up the orange jacket'.

Chairman of the TT Marshals' Association Terry Holmes says they are doing all they can:
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Website Find Reply