Kiyo bids to close the gap
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo bids to close the gap
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

HM Plant Honda's Ryuichi Kiyonari is determined to turn around his previous form at Croft this weekend as the reigning champion bids to close the advantage to his championship-leading team-mate Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.

Kiyonari had previously celebrated victories at the Yorkshire circuit including a double win in 2007, but on his return last year it was a tough event for the triple BSB champion. He endured a third row start in qualifying and in the opening race moved up from 22nd on the opening lap to just outside the top ten in eleventh. In the second race Kiyo was able to put in a determined performance to finish fourth, but this weekend he knows the team will be working hard in a bid to be back on the podium and moving up the championship standings.

Kiyo said:

"For me Croft has been a difficult track in the past, although I have won there before. It is a completely different track to Brands Hatch and Oulton Park where we have raced already. It is very bumpy so the setting is going to be critical to be able to win. My HM Plant Honda is better than last season already with the work we have done over the winter - we have pushed hard to fight for the wins so I want to be on the podium and winning again at Croft."
13-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Website Find Reply