This time our dear friend survived
Anonymous
Unregistered

This time our dear friend survived
Whilst trying to come to terms with the death of our dear racing riend colin Breeze,my other half Glen (English) was riding aroud the mountain course tonite with some friends. One of then lost control (at low speed) at Kates Cottage. He is ALIVE and OK !!!!!! He has sprained his back, and his neck is in a brace but he is WALKING WOUNDED - HOORAY !!!!!! sorry for this self indulgent message, but when you've lost as many friends as we have on the IOM, the survival of one dear friend needs to be celebrated and thats what Im doing right now - so there !!!!!
08-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: This time our dear friend survived
I suppose that is all you can do, Jo. Our beloved sport which gives us such highs, also gives us heartbreaking lows. But there is nothing as wonderful as being involved in whatever capacity with those two wheel machines.
09-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dear friend indeed
I have been looking for Glen this TT and missed him every time Give him my very best wishes please !!!!!
09-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good news and Glen's Manx
Glad to hear good news on the road-riding front; I am afraid that the suicidal riding of a minority of spectators may come round to haunt us with speed limits next year.
Must try and get the Steam Packet to put vallium in the tea!
Saw Glen's quarter-scale Manx Norton the other day, what a fantastic model, I will be running a picture and his press release later this week (or next, depending on when we can get the results book finished). No split-lap-times will be made available, but I hope to add a photo feature.
09-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dear friend indeed
I will Ian, he was camping in the paddock, but he's on his way home now. He's racing at Cadwell 18/19 June in the CRMC National Championship (I think thats what its called !) Anyway whatever it is he's leading the 350cc and 500cc class's. I'll email you the other dates in the series as well so you can come and see us.
See ya soon Ian
Jo
10-06-2004, 03:29 PM