TT Campsites
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 5
TT Campsites
Hi, I’m hoping some knowledgeable people could help please. I am camping (well, motorhoming) on the Sulby Claddaghs for the duration of this years TT due to it being close to my regular marshalling post. I am arriving a few days prior to practice week commencing and fancied 2 or 3 days around Douglas before the manic fortnight. Does anyone know of any campsites around Douglas, I seem a little lost finding any.
I realise that they’ll be booked up during TT fortnight but I hoping somewhere may have an odd place beforehand.
Thanks in anticipation.
03-05-2024, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
Dogsbody Offline

Threads: 10
RE: TT Campsites
Try Ballacotier near Hillberry
03-05-2024, 03:55 PM
Find Reply
ian333 Offline

Threads: 2
St Johns has hard standing pitches for motorhomes / caravans
03-05-2024, 05:51 PM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 9
Glenlough campsite at Ballagarey is likely to have spaces early on. The bus stop is outside the campsite. 10 to 15 mins in to Douglas and regular.
05-05-2024, 11:17 AM
Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 5
Thanks all, I’ve messaged Glenlough and am awaiting a reply
06-05-2024, 10:29 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 20
To be fair, glenlough has improved no end over recent years. I camped there in the early 90's and it were a working farm, with the associated residue of cows. I had a couple of mates camping there last year and watched a days racing with them from the campsite. Not bad to be fair, decent facilities, plenty of room and good parking.

I've camped all over though.....

St johns... Best I've camped at, good facilities and good ground.
Quarterbridge... Handy for town, facilities overwhelmed by numbers, especially toilets and showers
Blackberry lane... Was a mad house back in the day but not sure now as it's been years since i pitched up there.

80's and 90's there was camping on nobles at the back of the paddock. Dirt cheap, no booking in, just rock up and wait for the attendant to eventually catch up with you for the fees. Facilities were limited and police visits were often during the night due to noise. I remember the rozzers would take the keys off lads who were having late night rev ups on the campsite. Good humoured though, keys back in the morning. The rozzers didn't have far too travel as the cop shop was a cock stride away. Good old days.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
06-05-2024, 12:58 PM
Find Reply