New format, old problems
H2pots Offline

Threads: 19
RE: New format, old problems
(10-06-2024, 01:46 PM)civ Wrote: That would have seen the senior cancelled on the old schedule  Icon_eek

No, that would have been the senior running on the Saturday. As I've said, the new format leaves no wiggle room

=======================================================================
See you on the island
10-06-2024, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

Threads: 12
(10-06-2024, 01:46 PM)civ Wrote: That would have seen the senior cancelled on the old schedule  Icon_eek

No it wouldn't. It would have been ran on the Saturday as in 2012 when the weather was terrible.
11-06-2024, 11:35 AM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
Marshal at NI road races

(11-06-2024, 11:35 AM)Spartacus Wrote: No it wouldn't. It would have been ran on the Saturday as in 2012 when the weather was terrible.

And in 1987, the weather was very, very stormy & wet. 
Farmers were offering barn space for campers to escape the storm.
Joey won the Senior on the Saturday in still very wet conditions, I watched from the bottom of Bray Hill - he won at an average of around 99mph...on the Shell Gemini Honda RS500
=====================

Long live real road racing!!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2024, 02:09 PM by excollier.)
12-06-2024, 02:05 PM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 9
(10-06-2024, 02:03 PM)civ Wrote: This is a really awful accusation to level at the Rutter family. The legacy lap, slotted in where time allowed with no impact on racing times (just as any of these "extra" laps are) was to pay tribute to Michael and his late father and their nearly 60 combined years racing around the course.
Who mentioned Rutter? Not me. If you wish to quote me, of course, you're quite welcome to do so. However, please quote me in entirety rather than a selected few words which may suit a narrative you wish to employ. Presumably, you're aware of what the other scheduled legacy lap was commemorating?
12-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

I really dislike the new format. Looks like it panders to the TV now as it has with the Premier League.
I forecast this about 10 years ago and envisiged the day when the TT was live on television.
Dont get me wrong we have to accept change but dont fix it if it isn't broken.
The moving of the senior to the saturday was the start of it. The race on the bank holiday was great with all the locals watching.
This year we didn't get out and about as much as we used to and the loss of Mad Sunday is terrible.
I can see the mountain road being 2 way soon to stop the road traffic collisions. I noticed parts are now coned off and 50mph limits apply.
This is my first year I will be going to the MGP. I might sit out next years TT, lose my deposit, save myself over a grand and watch TT plus instead.
It is even available for free on the dodgey firestick now.
13-06-2024, 01:56 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 450
(13-06-2024, 01:56 PM)Spartacus Wrote:  lose my deposit, 

Don't do that, sell it or transfer it (maybe for a small fee) if you can.
You could probably make some money if you sold it!

My friend couldn't come on the S100 daytrip a few years back, we always have the cheapo daytrip tickets, but they can't be cancelled. They can be transferred to another sailing tho', I think it was £5, maybe £10 now, but it saves losing it all!
13-06-2024, 04:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 9
(13-06-2024, 04:11 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Don't do that, sell it or transfer it (maybe for a small fee) if you can.
You could probably make some money if you sold it!

My friend couldn't come on the S100 daytrip a few years back, we always have the cheapo daytrip tickets, but they can't be cancelled. They can be transferred to another sailing tho', I think it was £5, maybe £10 now, but it saves losing it all!

Transferring dates using the website is free. You can also change names and so so I assume it is possible to change the booking to someone else. Would need to sort the deposit between yourselves. Even if you don't change the name they never check identities, just numbers.
13-06-2024, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

(13-06-2024, 05:24 PM)Smokin Haddock Racing Wrote: Transferring dates using the website is free.  You can also change names and so so I assume it is possible to change the booking to someone else.  Would need to sort the deposit between yourselves.  Even if you don't change the name they never check identities, just numbers.

Thanks Captain and Smokin Haddock.
I am having my first trip to the Manx in August. If I like it I may be able to change the dates for next year.
Thanks again.
13-06-2024, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
Exclamation  RE: New format, old problems
(12-06-2024, 02:28 PM)milestone 11 Wrote: Who mentioned Rutter? Not me. If you wish to quote me, of course, you're quite welcome to do so. However, please quote me in entirety rather than a selected few words which may suit a narrative you wish to employ. Presumably, you're aware of what the other scheduled legacy  lap was commemorating?

You did - but I apologise if I've misunderstood.

"Agreed, far too ambitious. Not happy that 7 racing laps have been scheduled tomorrow, on top of a legacy lap. It's all about the filthy lucre."

The legacy lap in question scheduled for the following day was to commemorate the Rutter family and their nearly 60 years of racing in the year a corner was given their name. What "filthy lucre" was involved with that?  Huh
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2024, 09:09 PM by civ.)
13-06-2024, 08:48 PM
Find Reply