TT 2024 done.... What d'ya think of that then?
civ Offline

Threads: 3
RE: TT 2024 done.... What d'ya think of that then?
(26-06-2024, 05:18 PM)c iom tt Wrote: 3 Old ones were never at anytime dirty or battered.

Sure, not when they were new, but they were very much showing their age by the time they were replaced. Not sure how replacing signs like for like around the course ever became so controversial. I guess we'd all be complaining about a lack of investment if they were just left to rot and never replaced.
27-06-2024, 12:44 PM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
(26-06-2024, 05:45 PM)c iom tt Wrote: Bottom line is if you took a risk assessment for the whole circuit, then the whole circuit should be prohibited.

Motorsport can be dangerous. The bottom line is that without reducing that danger to members of the public as much as possible at the most dangerous spots - which aren't always obvious as a spectator - exactly that would be the end result and it would not be viable to run the event at all.
27-06-2024, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(27-06-2024, 12:44 PM)civ Wrote: Sure, not when they were new, but they were very much showing their age by the time they were replaced. Not sure how replacing signs like for like around the course ever became so controversial. I guess we'd all be complaining about a lack of investment if they were just left to rot and never replaced.

Sorry, but that's just a crock of cr*p They were never showing there age, they were mile markers for the benefit of the riders, they were always kept up a standard. They would never have been left to rot. They were not replaced because of there condition, they were replaced as a part of the change in branding. Who mentioned it being controversial? I just mentioned a personal opinion.
What I don't understand is why are you making things up just to continue a thread?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
27-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Online

Threads: 493
Maybe we should agree to disagree here, after going through this on the 'New signs' thread a while back.
My point then was, basically, how long was it since those signs were replaced?
 It feels like it wasn't that long ago, so, perhaps, were being replaced for some other reason?
I have to hold my hand up & say that I never noticed the general condition of the them (riding too fast....not!😂 ) & perhaps they had seen better days,
I just expected them to last a bit longer.
Maybe, as has been alluded to, they will all appear on an auction site, like previous ones, but I'm not suggesting that as a reason to replace them...honest! Confused
27-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(27-06-2024, 02:02 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Maybe we should agree to disagree here, after going through this on the 'New signs' thread a while back.
My point then was, basically, how long was it since those signs were replaced?
 It feels like it wasn't that long ago, so, perhaps, were being replaced for some other reason?
I have to hold my hand up & say that I never noticed the general condition of the them (riding too fast....not!😂 ) & perhaps they had seen better days,
I just expected them to last a bit longer.
Maybe, as has been alluded to, they will all appear on an auction site, like previous ones, but I'm not suggesting that as a reason to replace them...honest! Confused

Captain, they weren't replaced because of there condition, they were replaced as part of the rebranding excise, that's not my opinion, its a fact which I wish I could mention the source. 
I few of them have already been donated to various places ( same as the scoreboard) and some did indeed go up for auction, but not all, like the old fuel fillers.
The old scoreboard was never going to be replaced like for like, a digital solution fulfils a number of things, the main one being to remove people from that area as well as the ability to generate potential advertising revenue. 
But even I am drawing a blank as to where the clock is!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
27-06-2024, 02:35 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(27-06-2024, 01:02 PM)civ Wrote: Motorsport can be dangerous. The bottom line is that without reducing that danger to members of the public as much as possible at the most dangerous spots - which aren't always obvious as a spectator - exactly that would be the end result and it would not be viable to run the event at all.

Motor Sport can be dangerous? No sh*t Sherlock!

27-06-2024, 02:38 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Some old blokes who don't know each other argue about the condition of road signs on an internet forum.....

Not sure weather to laugh or cry.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
28-06-2024, 02:17 AM
Find Reply
Gav1987 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I really enjoyed listening to a special podcast wrap of IOM - although not sure I agree with Hailey Coxon that no one will pass Michael Dunlop's record. What do you think? Full Chat: https://www.bikesure.co.uk/bikesureblog/...ley-coxon/
08-07-2024, 06:07 PM
Find Reply