Monday race day
H2pots Offline

Threads: 30
Monday race day
Should be all the races crammed into one day today but that's looking doubtful.

At the time of writing, there's the first delay of one hour. Further announcement at 9:30, I'm fully expecting a further delay. I'm not even heading off yet, no point sitting in the cold rain. I were gonna head to morown but maybe re think that and stick to a place i can escape from.

Rain for most of the morning, not forecast to brighten up until nearer lunchtime.

Rain forecast for this evening too.

Fingers crossed we see something but that's not guaranteed by any means. If it doesn't dry up, this could be the mgp that never was.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
26-08-2024, 08:18 AM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 204
RE: Monday race day
RTC at the Gooseneck so Mountain Road closed to compound things.

String of showers heading for the North of the island on the radar as well
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
26-08-2024, 08:50 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 14
My weather gauge from Braddan / QB area is if I can see Ballakermeen school we might get some action and it's just closed in with with heavy Manx mizzle drizzle(update it's now pis*ing down) ..... I get all the safety stuff for all concerned even being old-school very wet back in the day MGP race starts but the powers that be simply can't keep increasing all the reasons why sessions are stopped, postponed or cancelled without increasing in a corresponding fashion the amount of qualifying / race session time available. 2023 MGP last day was the much the same with mist and mizzle( was stationed at Black Hut all day) and the races started in conditions that 2 days earlier would have seen them cancelled early doors so I found myself asking how it was supposedly safe to start just because it was the last day of the event. The safety thinking people can't have it both ways as currently it's putting too much pressure on riders with an ever decreasing amount of learning track time available.
26-08-2024, 08:51 AM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 204
Another two hour delay to 1230
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
26-08-2024, 09:02 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

I see the junior manx gp has been called a result from Saturday.

Maybe that's a good thing as I had concerns over some of the newcomers racing today with lack of practice.

I know there's newcomers in other classes, fingers crossed they have a decent run, return safely and enjoy the outing.

See you on the island
26-08-2024, 10:45 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Well, the day got done. Mostly one lappers and a two lap senior manx. Weather closing in fast now.

Not ideal but after the week we've all had, I'll take that. I honestly didn't expect to see any racing at mgp 2024.

See you on the island
26-08-2024, 07:22 PM
Find Reply