SUBARU CONFIRMED AS THE OFFICIAL CAR PARTNER OF THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

IN LONG TERM SPONSORSHIP DEAL

Rally ace David Higgins to drive closed road demonstration car lap of iconic Mountain Course

Car manufacturer Subaru has reached an agreement with the Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development to be the official car partner of the Isle of Man TT Races, fuelled by Monster Energy, the world’s leading motorcycle road race.

The three-year deal will see the company provide the latest Subaru models for use by the TT organisation to help manage the running of the event including the course inspection and roads open and closed duties.

The Subaru brand sells a full range of models worldwide including the Legacy sedan, Outback, Forester and Impreza models. The brand has enjoyed significant sales success in recent years and in 2010 set a new global sales record. The brand is noted for its unique Boxer engine and all-wheel drive technology, which supports not only the brand's performance character but also its other strengths of safety, practicality and reliability.

As part of the sponsorship activation programme, Subaru will also be involved in a closed road demonstration lap around the iconic 37¾ mile Mountain Course at this year’s TT. Tony Pond was the last driver to drive a closed road car lap of the course, in 1990.

Subaru will also receive a comprehensive inventory of sponsorship benefits including full trackside branding throughout the qualifying and races, programme and race guide advertising, promotion and banners on the official iomtt.com website.

Manx rally star, and official 2011 Subaru Rally Team USA driver, David Higgins, will be the driver on the closed road car lap. He is a two time U.S Rally Champion as well as 2004 British Rally Champion.

[Image: subarutt1.jpg]

Commenting on the closed road demonstration lap David Higgins said:

“Having grown up on the Isle of Man I understand that the TT Races has a mythical status and an incredible heritage and I am looking forward to adding another chapter to its history. The Mountain Course represents a stunning drive but for once I’m not going to have much chance to take in the views.”

Hon Allan Bell, MHK, Minister, Department of Economic Development commented:

“This is a really strong commercial deal for the TT Races that will also open up some excellent promotional opportunities for the event and the Isle of Man and highlights how strong the TT now is as a global sporting property. I am delighted that we have attracted a sponsor as prestigious as Subaru and we look forward to building a long-term partnership with the company.”

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, Political Member, Isle of Man Tourism commented:

“The name Subaru has become synonymous with Rally success on the Isle of Man and we look forward to welcoming them in such an integral role in the TT Races.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Website Find Reply