Armoy add Heijmans to their all-star list
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Armoy add Heijmans to their all-star list
[Image: armoyhdr.jpg]

Dutch rider Peter Heijmans will add some European flavour to this year's Armoy Road Races having confirmed his entry for the July event only yesterday.

Heijmans won the Supersport 'B' race at the Southern 100 last July and finished fourth in the Newcomers' race during the Manx Grand Prix last September.

Looking ahead to his Armoy debut, he said: "I'm really excited about this year's road racing season. I learned to ride motorcycles at the age of four and started road racing at the age of 17. After a few races and a ten year break I've been back road racing since 2009."

Already a big fan of the Irish scene he explained: "Last year I competed in the Ulster Grand Prix and I heard so much about the Armoy Road Race that it was a must for me to attend. I'll be racing in the Supersport, Open Race and the Race of the Legends. I'm really looking forward to it."

[Image: peterheijmansnewhdr.jpg]

Bill Kennedy, Clerk of the Course, obviously delighted to have Peter onboard said: "To have European riders signing up in April, with our race still three months away, is a great indicator what the club has managed to achieve in such a short time."

Bike Week 2013 is from 21st– 27th July. For more information on RiverRidge Recycling's 'Race of the Legends' visit www.amrrc.com.

Meanwhile, Milwaukee Yamaha international road racing star Conor Cummins has confirmed he will contest the inaugural 500cc and 350cc Classic TT Races this August, aboard Manx Nortons built and prepared by Tony Dunnell –one of the most respected classic bike builders in the UK. The Isle of Man born star has also signed up for the Formula 1 Race where he will ride an XR69 Suzuki for Team Classic Suzuki, as team-mate to fellow TT star Michael Dunlop.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

Paul Lindsay
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM by Malcolm.)
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Website Find Reply