Man x Motorcycle Club to be prosecuted .
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Man x Motorcycle Club to be prosecuted .
The headline news on Manx Radio today was that the club is to be prosecuted over the fatal accident outside the fire station during MGP week on the grounds that the regs where not followed , due to the lack of red flag on rope . Still can not get my head around this , there was a huge road closed sign in front of rope as well as the pre warning road closure sign at Pulrose bridge , surely this is ample , a very tragic accident in my mind dont see how a flag would have made any difference .
The real danger though is the knock on affect once lawyers etc are involved .
10-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
Re: Man x Motorcycle Club to be prosecuted .
shaun hogg Wrote:.............
The real danger though is the knock on affect once lawyers etc are involved .

That sounds tough on everybody concerned.

I hope that the insurances cover individuals if there should be a proven case of neglegence, or whatever the lawyers come up with.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
10-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

pathetic really, red flag more like red tape. Good luck to the MMCC!!!
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
19-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

It would be silly if it was not so serious. I was marshalling, and we were given one red triangular "flag" per rope to add after the incident. As each crossing has a D.O.T man on it, should this not have been in their remit? Or the police? Given that it would have made no difference in the case of this unfortunate man, it is really a bit patronising, and is certainly not helpful.
19-11-2005, 01:28 PM
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I was marshalling at the same place as Helen and some of the ropes did not have red flags on them prior to the accident, But they appeared overnight. All new and shiney. And there were two on the wider roads.

Thing is, who put them there if it wasn't the marshals ? Could it have been the Highways Board ? In which case, Who is responsible for Peel Road not having flags on the rope?

I leave you to find the answer........ and it's not MMCC.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Website Find Reply