I rest my case
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I rest my case
It relates to the T.T. MGP in so far as the bad press that motor cycle road racing ALWAYS gets.

But the Equestrian world gets none to my knowledge, in spite of the gross stupity, neglect and lack of regulation of the ownership and competitive disciplines involving what is a powerful and bordering on a wild animal.

The T.T MGP S100 and Irish meetings have changed no end over the last 50 years in respect of the organisers doing everything possible to reduce the risk to competitors, pit crews and spectators. In particular the grading of competitors through the various stages of experience and ability.

Like wise we now have the toughest of regulations in respect the use of motor cycles in everyday use by compulsory training, testing and the various restrictions from learner to to a full licence with the full support of the motor cycle trade at all levels from retailers to manufacturers, and quite rightly so.

Yet our sport still comes in for the most biased, prejudiced and unjust critiscism.

I quote again from the Chester Chronicle, Amanda died, "doing the thing she loved most". Additionally. "It's been Amanda's passion since she was five years of age and she's had about nine horses or ponies. She rode for her university show jumping team". Full story. "She gave her life for her love".

Does not the same apply to those of us who have experienced the same passion for racing on the roads? It was Amanda's choice. I have been fortunate enough to experience both great sports, and despite the the losses of many, many close friends in both, I have not one regret, and given my time over I would do exactly the same again.

My point being that I believe it to be gross discrimation by the press to condemn the freedom of choice of those who organize and and compete in what I believe to be the greatest and definitely not the most dangerous sport in the world by far.

Those of us who do, and have competed in these admittedly high risk sports just like Amanda make our own choice to do what we love doing most fully knowing the risks.

The arrogance and "gung ho" cavalier attitude towards safety and regulation of competitors with little or no experience and ability in Equestrian sports is breathtaking and has made my blood run cold on endless occasions

Of course it would not be appropriate for the press to write articles and critising or condemning the most dangerous of sports in which the Consort to the Queen of the realm, HRH Princess Anne, her daughter, Miss Zara Phillips our future King and his heir have in the past or do currently had the courage to participate in.

14-06-2005, 11:16 AM

Messages In This Thread
I rest my case - by Anonymous - 13-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 13-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Re: I rest my case - by Anonymous - 14-06-2005, 07:55 PM