Red covers for the air safety fence
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Maybe we could get rid of flag men all together and just ask the people wearing red or yellow to jump up and down a little to let the riders know. Lol Lol :wink: (kidding for those with no scence of humour)

I think that there is a valid reason for these things to be covered. For years riders have been saying that they didn't see flags and have been panned for not slowing down (I am not starting that topic again), but their normal excuse is that they just didn't see the flag. Which is the reason I asked why the colour of these new air fence wraps for the poles and lamp posts or even the airfencing themselves was red. As Ammo said the chance of seeing something red on a red background is nil. If it was only one or two I don't think there would be a problem as the riders would get to know where they are, but since there is so many there is the chance that riders will start to ignore anything that remotely looks the same colour, as Cargo and GriffMuss says it is distracting and riders will start to ignore those distractions. This could easily lead to them ignoreing flags of the same colour.

Surely if we are trying to improve things for the riders the best way for them to see flags of vairried colours is to make sure that they don't have the chance of mistaking them for something else. I know for a fact that the air fencing costs a shed load of cash to buy and I honestly believe that Paul has done the right thing by getting this sort of safety device for the TT. I do hope that they can get some more to make the TT a safer experiance for the riders, but just maybe a different colour than red. I am sure it wouldn't cost that much to get covers for them and maybe there is an opportunity for companies to sponsor the covers.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Red covers for the air safety fence - by DCLUCIE - 27-04-2007, 01:28 PM
[No subject] - by beepee - 27-04-2007, 08:21 PM
[No subject] - by Anonymous - 27-04-2007, 09:32 PM
[No subject] - by Joe Stephens - 28-04-2007, 04:41 AM
[No subject] - by Anonymous - 28-04-2007, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Hilary M - 29-04-2007, 12:09 PM
[No subject] - by GriffMuss - 01-05-2007, 07:15 AM
[No subject] - by cargo - 01-05-2007, 07:49 AM
[No subject] - by DCLUCIE - 01-05-2007, 02:42 PM