Is £115 mph going to be qualifying speed for next year?
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Is £115 mph going to be qualifying speed for next year?
I know Paul will ground me into the ground for this, but when he mentions that he doesn't see anyone going below 115 or 116 is this an indidcator for just getting an entry for next year?

I have a few worries, ok just concerns, if 115 is going to be around about the qualifying times, and I know the major course changes could have a major influance on this, but could it cause people to try just that little bit too hard? overstep their own ability, especially if they are new to the course.

I know that riding for a major team may add to those preasures but just qualifying is so tough for others who don't have the benefit of such great machinery this could be a speed that they already have in their mind set before the TT even starts because of some comments made in other topics. I think its best to just let them go as fast as they can and within their ability and lets see from there.

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks, and by the way I am not having a go at Paul. I think he is in the toughest position of anyone. He is also on a non winner. No matter what he does its going to be wrong, and can I suggest that everyone trys to work with him to make this TT the best ever. I also hope that Paul listens to us here and at least shows that its not just the top teams he is interested in, as they are the ones who dissapear as quickly as they came when the going gets tough. He has also got to admit that turning down so many people who have supported the TT in the past, when in the daudrums is also maybe a kick in the teeth to those who have their heart in the TT, even just a little. And yes I know that some may not have the times to justify entry, but let qualifying sort that out.

I just hope that not all the cash being spent is going on more jollies for the top teams prior to the TT. Lets have another round of press conferences that really don't interest people but costs a shed load of cash to fly them over and put up in hotels and free beer for all. Can I suggest that it goes on covers for those red post boxes all over the place. Just a thought.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Is £115 mph going to be qualifying speed for next year? - by DCLUCIE - 02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
[No subject] - by DCLUCIE - 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
[No subject] - by The Bag - 04-05-2007, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by beepee - 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM