Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no?
theflyingplumber Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no?
PeterCourtney Wrote:With the ACU managing to get rid of the Lap of Honour, and by the sound of it, any sign of historic machinery on the Mountain Course, I was wondering what you lot thought: do you agree with them that they have no place any more, or will it detract from your enjoyment of the TT?
Without Allan Robinson to push, shove and cajole, it has been easier for "them" to get their way - in my view, sadly.
IMHO I think there could be some clever stuff going on here: I think that the TT and the Manx GP only exist today because of their heritage. Let's face it, if they had never existed, and someone came up with the idea today of closing roads and encouraging thousands of motorcyclists to come to the Island, and to run races with 200mph motorcycles round the roads, does anyone really think it would happen?
If they can get rid of the history, it will be easier to get rid of the races, as having "no relevance in today's Isle of Man" or some such government-speak - or have I got it wrong?

I also agree with you 100% Peter, tradition, history and heritage is disappearing from all over the place and I for one dont want the TT to follow that trend,.By not being able to hear and see these bikes on the road is going down that route.
You may recall that late January I posted a thread Named TT SOUNDS and it being one of my first attempts on this site, I was delighted that it received 38 replies and 1503 visits. Members added greatly to the thread by posting sound recordings etc. I expanded on the original post by asking "and where is your favourite spectating spot for hearing these fabulous historic sounds". well I think the response was terrific and more than proved there is a demand for being able to hear and see these bikes with their individuality.
Big mistake I think if we lose the lap of honour or something like it.
13-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by MV - 01-05-2008, 06:57 PM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by MV - 01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by MV - 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by MV - 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by MV - 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by thewitch - 12-05-2008, 03:02 PM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by theflyingplumber - 13-05-2008, 12:01 AM
RE: Veteran/Vintage/Classic - yes or no? - by thewitch - 13-05-2008, 10:59 AM