Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson)
davido02 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson)
Ah The Bag I - don’t think we could move Dundrod mind you I think we could put a lid on it to keep the rain out! Sure, you have Donnington Park on your doorstep? But I suppose that is like comparing Tesco’s car park to Dundrod (Only joking!) :-)

SteveJR - I agree that major improvements have been made all round at the North West (in common with all the road races in Ireland) but as I said in my first post I do think it has lost a bit of the atmosphere over the past few years.

I suppose it is a fact of life that the promoters (of any international race) will always have an eye to attracting the big teams so smaller teams wil lose out a tad. This is why I think the UGP Bike week format sounds good to me with the old Dundrod 150 races being geared to smaller teams etc a bit like the TT / Manx GP arrangement? Or am I totally wrong here.

Ive seen that the TT has rider liason officers does any other races have something similar?

I suppose the big difference between Dundrod and the NW is that Dundrod is more out in country and doesn’t have the benefit of the Hotels etc that there is on the North Coast.

The thing for me is to try and see what can be done to made maybe not sweeping changes but looking at the little things that would make a visit to Irish races, or any race for that matter, a positive experience (as they say!) particularly for folks coming to our races from “across the water” or beyond. In doing so who knows who else would feel the urge to come on over!
27-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson) - by thewitch - 22-05-2008, 07:28 AM
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson) - by davido02 - 27-05-2008, 03:18 PM