2008 Gorse Lea Marshals’ Late Extra
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
RE: 2008 Gorse Lea Marshals’ Late Extra
The Shelter

[Image: 53031334.BusStop.jpg]
As usual the multilingual Ghastly extortionists have done an excellent job of wallet lightening in their area of influence. I am sure the latest multicultural approach will be a success despite the refugee from the Common Market’s less than illuminating Gene Kelly impression that removed Marlene’s meeting places.
Thank you John for pulling the plug on the story of the week from busy Port St Mary; the owners of the cake shop were delighted I am sure. The glare of Edistonian publicity can only be good for trade. However it does turn the spotlight on the safety of multi-purpose rooms of whatever size. We hope RR Berrie DSM’s short term memory problems are not age related but rather due to his recent contemplation-interuptus incident.
Many people will be happy that the DoT have given up on Greeba and are big enough to say so. The prototype sign which is now languishing in the DoT paint shop was rejected by the grammar police, it read “Greeba You are Welcome to It”. But as usual an inverse logic applied and visitor numbers to Greeba increased, perhaps to see if there really was something there after all.
My feeling is that Mr Devlin will be quite at home among the horizontal marshals of Ghastly following his recent highly publicised love-in at Castletown corner.
Since such a good rapport has been struck up with the DoT, rather than a signature board, my feeling is that the department could supply a fresh slab of concrete for a Hollywood style hand print and signature event around the shelter which would entertain future generations of waiting bus passengers.
On the subject of midges (Culicoides impunctatus Goetghebuer [Diptera: Ceratopogonidae]) recent research has revealed that their numbers are directly linked to the organic and water content of the surrounding soil. Under these circumstances more analysis of the human behaviour in the direct surrounds of the shelter may be called for.
Disgarded sandwitch crusts may also be encouraging these Scottish Highland comeovers.
We look forward to the MGP developments in this rurual sinecure and your continued reports.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
30-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2008 Gorse Lea Marshals’ Late Extra - by cargo - 30-07-2008, 01:11 PM
RE: 2008 Gorse Lea Marshals’ Late Extra - by thewitch - 30-07-2008, 12:40 PM
RE: 2008 Gorse Lea Marshals’ Late Extra - by Don Simons - 30-07-2008, 03:40 PM