DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17
DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER
GARRY DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER.

After a career spanning nearly three decades from schoolboy moto-x, through to winning a solo British title and a successful sidecar driver. Garry has decided to retire from racing after his near fatal accident at Scarborough two month’s ago. He still faces a long road to recovering from the multi fractures.

Garry commented, I’ve had a fantastic career and achieved far more than I ever imagined when started out racing. But now the time has come to call it a day. There is no sport like road racing meeting so many great people over the years, fans and my fellow competitors alike.

I’d like to thank all the people who have supported me over the years, my parents Ella and Ivor for giving me the opportunity to live my dream, and providing me with the best machinery. To my partner Gaynor who’s been my rock through all the hard times, and without her determination over the past two month’s standing up to Drs whilst in Scarborough, I doubt if very much if I would be still alive, and her two daughters Amber and Charlotte who have to been an immense support also, my own daughter Carrie seeing her Dad survive two horrific accidents.

I would like to stay involved in racing whether it be running my own team along with Gaynor or coaching to up and coming riders. I also intend to take my private pilots license once my injuries allow, and pursue my golfing with Gaynor. Thank you to everyone who’s been in touch with texts cards and phone calls. See you all in 2009.

Garry
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
23-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by GarryD - 23-09-2008, 08:26 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by thewitch - 23-09-2008, 10:40 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by The Bag - 24-09-2008, 03:48 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by eric - 24-09-2008, 05:05 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by thewitch - 24-09-2008, 09:19 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by The Bag - 26-09-2008, 04:40 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by eric - 26-09-2008, 10:24 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by thewitch - 26-09-2008, 11:01 PM
RE: DICKINSON CALLS TIME ON CAREER - by eric - 26-09-2008, 11:14 PM