tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: tt games
Over the years there have been a number of board games set up to be "TT RACE GAMES" but all of them have used formats like Ludo, Snakes and Ladders" etc to try to whip up a TT feeling but did not make the grade. When I patented my board game the reference books showed a number of patents for race games so I had to go through the lot to determine that mine did not copy any other.

I feel therefore, very proud to have produced a game which is unique, giving actual lap speeds and being able to represent the racing rather than depending on "Up a ladder, down a snake" methods.

Waddingtons saw my game early on and said they had not seen my format before but turned down production because "motorcycling was a minority sport"....

So thanks to a bunch of investors, supported by a number of riders and TT friends, the IOM Tourist Board, Geoff Duke and my rich uncle George, I got it up and running and have had varying demands for it ever since.

I had hoped Honda might have considered using it this coming year since, using a sliding scale we can simulate lap and race records over a number of years.

Thanks for your "Plug" Helen, all I need now is for someone to invest a few quid with me to get the 2009 edition on the go.

PLEASE SEE:-
http://www.ttfan2.co.uk/game2009h.htm and try a few laps !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM by ian huntly.)
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid - by thewitch - 01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
RE: tt games - by ian huntly - 02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
RE: tt games - by boakesey - 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid - by thewitch - 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM