tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid
Thanks for your reply Boakesy but a Manx school did produce a game for the Centenary...

They could have had mine to develope and make a few quid for their coffers !!

A company at Jurby sold a few TT games (not mine I hasten to add) a few years ago with Mike Hailwood on their box lid....I got the brunt of that when someone contacted me saying that I had no right to use Mikes Picture. Of course it was not me but I was initially blamed !!

I'm just sad at seeing that the Isle of Man is a closed shop, who don't like off-islanders producing things associated with the TT and selling them. Some of it could be real rubbish but until the board appraise it, who knows what they are missing.

I have a loft full of material produced by different people and organisations, which are as fresh now as they were when they first came out. A high percentage was first hand stuff, not re-written/ghosted articles with lots of innaccuracies..

Since I was interviewed in 1978 by the then Tourist Board, who helped me in so many, many ways, the TBs since have shunned ideas from myself and others, which are mainly to promote the TT.

Now apparently, here we have another TT game from another company, using riders names etc to promote it...

When I started mine off I GOT PERMISSION from riders to feature them and we had an unwritten law still in operation (SMBH)

But what can one do ?? Having spent so much of my own money following my beloved TT, sponsoring and supporting and of course promoting it at lectures and meetings, I am beginning to wonder whether it has been worth it !

Thirty years my game has been in existance and has still got people asking for it and playing it.

Perhaps I should be happy with that........................
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
07-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid - by thewitch - 01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
RE: tt games - by ian huntly - 02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
RE: tt games - by boakesey - 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid - by thewitch - 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid - by ian huntly - 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM