Norton Motorcycles confirm return to Isle of Man TT 2009!
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Norton Motorcycles confirm return to Isle of Man TT 2009!
Thanks for all the pickies, great..

I have just been up in my Tardis-like loft (bigger inside than out it seems) to dig out the press info, firstly on the Trevor Nation/Robert Dunlop years and of course the Steve Hislop year.

Now here is a question...Who else rode the Nortons at the TT in this time period ?? and who were the managers ?? (Barry Simmons was one)

I remember being a "freelance find-a-story runner" for the late great Norrie Whyte of MCN and on my skirmishes in and around the scrutineering bay (I still find lots of info there), saw the Nortons being refused access to practice one evening due to the fact they were too late for scrutineering.

I dashed to the press office to tell Norrie and he and I (we were about the same build even then !) running back to where the Norton team were having a barnie with the chief scrutineer .

They got through eventually but Trevor blotted his copy book by wheelying off the start....and going over backwards and sideways like George Formby in No Limit.

Trevor of the red face eventually tried again but the beautiful fairing was a bit scarred to say the least. He was a bit de-tuned as well !
Final question. Who will be the major sponsor for Norton in 2009......?
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2008, 04:01 PM by ian huntly.)
28-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Norton Motorcycles confirm return to Isle of Man TT 2009! - by ian huntly - 28-11-2008, 12:02 PM