New TV contract attracts big names
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: New TV contract attracts big names
I think you have missed my point 'George'. I was not on about sponsoring the race, I was on about encouraging companies to either continue to sponsor a team or newly sponsor a team. I think that in these times of ression spending £15,000 say on a team sponsorship, and give global coverage, compared to the costs of a 30 second advert on a local TV station maybe a good idea. It may encourage more money into the sport we all love by providing a definate benefit to companies that may wish to expand their brand.

On the point you make about Greenlight, I think that even if Greenlight, and believe me I have loved the greenlight vidoes and I think have them all, but I think that even if they have had the 800K you mention, they wouldn't have had the technology or the Global Contacts, that NorthOne already have. If you look at virtual spectator and the contacts the NorthOne have made over the course of their production of the WRC, JWRC and PWRC, then I don't really believet hat Greenlight would have been able to match that. If they are looking for the TT to be shown 'LIVE' I think we have all agreed that this should never be shown actually live, but shown with a delay. So that if anything does actually happen, god forbid, the producers can switch the picture thats broadcast. I personnally believe that NorthOne was a good option as they already have a proven record in the Global market and already have the technology in place to bring the TT hopefully to more life this year, more than any other year in the past. I would have been worried that if the contract was given to Greenlight we would not have a step forward in the great productions they have done in the past.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2009, 01:57 PM by DCLUCIE.)
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
New TV contract attracts big names - by DCLUCIE - 01-04-2009, 02:32 PM
RE: New TV contract attracts big names - by DCLUCIE - 03-04-2009, 01:55 PM