TT2009 - Your Comments
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments
I have to agree with all that has been said about TT2009....I certainly enjoyed it all, but I personally make it happen for myself, getting totally involved with absolutely everything...I even attended the evening seminars in the TTXGP marquee to see what their participation was all about.

I suggested mini-Busheys earlier on this site, before I went to bed after returning from the Island completely bushed.

I still feel that sadness when I leave each year when the IOM sinks below the horizon but hope that I will be able to attend TT2010. I look forward to a special DVD, different from the last few years, for I feel someone was in a rut, using the same script each year, changing only the names to protect the innocent.

The racing was good, very good. The Senior race was truly the highlight of TT2009 with the changing leaderboards throughout just like days gone by.

I was pleased to see what a good rider Jenny Tinmouth turned out to be, I hope she returns next year.

Very impressed by all the media coverage this year, especially ITV4 who must have taken lots of time to research the best places to video. I like the H/S-Cam, you can see just what the tyres suffer and how close to the road the fairings go when the bottom of Bray Hill is passed.

AS you might know I spend a fair bit of my time on the IOM talking to fans to see what they think and feedback was almost totally positive.

On the downside, who employs the security people for the paddock and grandstand areas ? There was one who would have been better off in the BNP with his treatment of some people.Very heavy-handed, a need for a customer skills course ! When Rossi came, these guys were actually manhandling everyone out of the immediate area.

I chat to all age groups and I don't think the majority missed the promenade amusements. It all needs to be re-vamped now anyway.

We missed the Douglas sand races but were pleased to see the traditional display by the Red Arrows and the length of time they were displaying (25 mins).

I explored the glens again, walked to places I hadn't visited for years, and saw some of the races from vantage points I hadn't been to for some time. It is still a beautiful island and instead of trying to keep the punters at the terminal end of the prom they should be told more about what to see and visit on days off and in the evening. Strawberries at Rushen Abbey, Queenies in Ballasalla. and so on.

My last comment in this hurried reply is that I felt TT crowds were down significently. I came over on the huge Mannanan on Saturday Night 30th May...There were only 49 vehicles and 259 passengers most of whom were foot passenger females returning from a shopping spree in Primark of Liverpool. The ferry looked empty ! I guess it must have filled up after the Wednesday of practice week but many left again after the Mondays races. Perhaps the IOMSPCo can verify this for us, after all, it is the credit crunch isn't it ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
15-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
TT2009 - Your Comments - by Malcolm - 13-06-2009, 08:10 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by pykey - 14-06-2009, 09:08 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by cargo - 14-06-2009, 10:02 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by George - 14-06-2009, 11:06 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by ian huntly - 15-06-2009, 04:02 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by George - 15-06-2009, 07:35 PM