Charity events
richard ellis Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Charity events
i dont want this to sound like a rant but it prob will. the nick crowe and mark cox fundraising is exactly that. it says what it is on the tin. why should any of the funds raised for them go to other people. you dont have to put into this fund if you dont want to. all collections are made with it very clear as to where the money is to go (nick crowe and mark cox). if you put into a fund thinking it went to A and some of it went to B,C or D i dont think you would be very happy. why shouldnt there be a fund for an individual person or persons. the family and friends of these people have worked amazingly hard to raise the funds that will be required for there recovery. neither will be able to work for a considerable amount of time and both have familys to support. there injuries must be quite horriffic for there familys not to have issued a statement explaining there full injuries and i believe there conditions are changing on a daily basis and certainly nick is not out the woods yet as far as how critical he is. with every operation i am sure there is more risk of complications. these two are likely to be off work for a couple of years.
if the funds raised for nick and mark were to be split between other injured riders/marshalls at what point do you say that person doesnt need any support and how thin would the fund be by the time it is distributed between all these other people.
there are funds in place for other people like the acu benevolent fund, tt riders assoc etc. none of these funds go far enough as there just isnt enough put into them hence why any individual with injuries as serious as nick and marks need further fundraising to help them through what is already a hurrendous time. i and am sure many other people (nick and mark included) put into these other funds hoping never to need them themselves but selfishly do put into them anyway (i believe nick pulled a sidecar around the tt course several years ago raising money for several charities) i dont believe there was any complaints about him raising money for other people at that time. nick has done plenty in the past to help others. well now its his turn to need some support and assistance. why then should there family and friends be slandoured and slated for working damn hard, taking many ours out of there free time to work hard to raise the money needed to pay for the things required by these two lads like mortgage payments, bills, the ability to see there children, time of work for there partners to help look after them as nick in particular i believe needs almost constant assistance at the moment. there is no deception in what the funds are been raised for and it is entirely up to the individual if they want to put there hands in there pockets and help out.
i take my hat off to the people who have worked tirelessly towards this valid, and much needed cause.
i know other people were injured at the tt this year, several of my friends included. there is some assistance there for them and i appreciate prob not enough financially, but there is nothing stopping there friends and family doing exactly the same and raising money for them. aswell as regulally donating to several organisations that are aimed at riders and martials in general i would be happy to put into any fund that was been taken for anybody i new. on occasions i have even donated for people i have never known and never will. are you telling me that any of the people who are moaning on this thread would not put into a fundraiser for a friend of theres and instead would say "im not putting into my friends or familys fund cos i already donate to acu. mgp helicopter fund etc", i think not. good on the people who are prepared to get off there arses and do something for there loved ones and friends.
i am sympathetic that other people including a marshall have been injured. if a bucket came past me collecting for them i would more than likely drop something in for there fund too, especially marshalls as we couldnt race without them. i would appreciate what there friends and family were doing for them and not slag them off.
miss sayle who is doing so much for this fund has over many years and i believe still will continue to do so, raise many funds for various other much needed causes like the mgp helicopter fund etc.
i never see anybody complain when a young child has lukemia or something as hurrendous and a fund is specifically set up for them. they never say "oh, they have raised far too much money, some of it should be given to a general cancer fund or to a different person who has lukemia".
these lads have given there whole lives to the commitment required to get to the top of there game costing them much money and time over many years, providing an awfull lot of entertainment to many people. they are not paid to ride and have to hold down full time jobs to do the things they love.
why then do some individuals take it upon themselves to put down the efforts put in by other people to help these boys out.
i say get your hands in ya pockets and help some more, or stop moaning and get out there and raise some more money for the causes you feel need it and are underfunded. its easy to type on a keboard your raising too much money give some to this other fund. well stop taking the easy way out and get out there and do something. raise some money yourselves, organise an event, an auction, gig, whatever you want. we all agree there are many underfunded causes. do something about it, i have and do and will. why shouldnt you.
much appreciation to rosie sayle and hayley and all the other people, too numerous to mention for all the hard work you have put in so far to help the boys out. get well soon boys. hope your recovery goes very well.
i hope i dont upset anybody with my strong opinions, that was not nor is not my intention. just my views on the topic
11-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Charity events - by DCLUCIE - 27-06-2009, 06:57 PM
RE: Charity events - by George - 28-06-2009, 09:15 AM
RE: Charity events - by DCLUCIE - 28-06-2009, 03:10 PM
RE: Charity events - by thewitch - 29-06-2009, 06:29 PM
RE: Charity events - by George - 30-06-2009, 07:49 AM
RE: Charity events - by samthesidecar - 30-06-2009, 06:33 PM
RE: Charity events - by tripod - 30-06-2009, 08:41 AM
RE: Charity events - by DCLUCIE - 30-06-2009, 06:03 PM
RE: Charity events - by DCLUCIE - 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM