Ulster Grand Prix Postings, Results Etc...
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Ulster Grand Prix This week
[Image: ugplogo.gif]

Donald ruled out of Dundrod races

Australian Cameron Donald has been ruled out of this week's Ulster Grand Prix Bike Week after failing to recover sufficiently from a shoulder injury.

The Relentless TAS Suzuki rider has been undergoing extensive physiotherapy on a daily basis but has run out of time to be fit to race at Dundrod.

Donald sustained the injury in practice for the Isle of Man TT in June.

Team boss Phillip Neill has said that no replacement rider will be brought in to partner Bruce Anstey at Dundrod.

"After missing the TT, it's frustrating to miss out on the Ulster Grand Prix also," Donald told the BBC.

"My motivation for recovery was to make the Grand Prix and although I have come close to making it, I am just not 100 per cent fit and I don't want to be out there unless I have a chance of competing for a race win.

"My range of movement in the shoulder is not quite there and although I have plenty of strength, I can't quite get tucked in behind the machine.

"Injuries are just something you have to put up with as a motorcycle racer.

"The shoulder injury has turned out to be a bit more complex than I first thought but I hope to race at the Macau Grand Prix in November and then build towards next year," added the man from Melbourne.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2009, 05:33 PM by Malcolm.)
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ulster Grand Prix This week - by Malcolm - 12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
RE: Ulster Grand Prix This week - by Malcolm - 13-08-2009, 04:25 PM
RE: Ulster Grand Prix This week - by Malcolm - 13-08-2009, 08:19 PM
RE: Ulster Grand Prix This week - by Malcolm - 14-08-2009, 05:33 PM