Statement From The Isle of Man Government Regarding TT Zero and TTXGP Ltd
ev fan Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Statement From The Isle of Man Government Regarding TT Zero and TTXGP Ltd
(27-02-2010, 02:49 AM)sticky Wrote: The grid-iron thing refers to a guy who has a very similar writing style to you who had a pop at me on another forum. I thought you might have been him (or her...)

I genuinely believe that to properly comment on how entertaining TTxGP was (or wasn't) then you had to be there - were you? I was and actually paid very close attention to the whole thing, just in case I needed to change my mind, but I what I saw was a spectacle (for want of a better word) that had no business being at the TT. My reasons being that the entry was tiny (13) and would have been smaller still but for the rules on qualifying being ignored. Despite the short duration of the race it was a strung out affair with no battles either on track or on timing and it was slow - very slow. One guy managed a respectable lap - everyone else lapped at speeds that a halfway capable driver could probably achieved in an entry spec hatchback car. I'm sure it looked better on the DVD - marvellous what a bit of clever editing can do.

It costs a major chunk of my annual disposable income to do my two and a bit weeks at the TT and that brings with it a certain level of expectation. TTxGP simply wasn't good enough - not in any respect - and I doubt it's successor will be either. I suppose in short from the point of view of someone (ie: me) who was first exposed to the TT as a wide eyed kid in the mid 60s and who's been going ever since, TTxGP was sterile and soulless and even if they ever do get a grid of 80 bikes lapping at 120mph it will never, ever have that almost indefinable thing that made me fall in love with racing. And I know I'm not alone in feeling that way...

I am not grid iron... nor have i knowing or intentionally "had a pop" at you... i was only asking why you seem to have a pop at anyone who did like the TTXGP... or any EV racing for that matter. You explained it well - You will always hate electric bikes even if there are 80 bikes on the grid and they run as fast as the petrol equivilent because ("of that indefinable thing,") you did not grow up with them and are not open to change. Fair enough, but generation Y are hot on your heels and TTXGP was one way the TT could stay relevent in a society that is looking at becoming more efficint and reducing the reliance of oil.

PS, i was there...
28-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statement From The Isle of Man Government Regarding TT Zero and TTXGP Ltd - by ev fan - 28-02-2010, 03:12 AM