TT-More variation in classes needed ?
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
RE: TT-More variation in classes needed ?
I guess it is time for me to put my 2 cents worth in...

There is a "mature" chap here in the states (Chris Economacki)... he was around when the cars were built by the racers at home, and they raced on dirt, and you saw those type of races all over the county... and the fans came out in big numbers... Then one company made "the best chassis" and then one engine turned out to be the "best" engine.. and no longer did the fans come out to see "parade laps"... This same chap spoke of NASCAR racing and it too had gone the way of a single chassis and most of the engines are so similar people swear you can interchange parts... and the interest was starting to fade... But it seems the people at the top may of figured it out.. back to the basics... have the cars look more differently... etc...

I think you can see the same parallel in bike racing... perhaps it is time to go back to the "roots"... single cylinder bikes.... smaller classes...(yes I miss the 2 strokes too..). so the younger folk can identify the race bikes with what they can buy and ride... (beginner - intermediate types)... get those young folks interested in more than cleaning the plastic each week... and the future will be bright... besides the racers should be more of the stars, than the bikes they ride..!!! (IMNSHO).

I also think that the technology should be used to make the bikes safer then more reliable and not let the bikes to the riding...!!

Back to the garage now.... I have a LOT of work to do... see you all in 7 weeks..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron - The Crazy Yank... Long live the TT and MGP..!!!
28-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TT-More variation in classes needed ? - by Gstarron - 28-06-2010, 04:19 PM