Ulster Grand Prix Week - Schedule of Events + Race Results etc
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Ulster Grand Prix Week - Schedule of Events
[Image: ulstergphdr.jpg]

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

McGuinness revved up for Ulster Grand Prix

John McGuinness, the multi-Isle of Man TT winner and Mountain Circuit lap record holder, will make his only Irish appearance of this season when he takes part in the Dundrod 150 and McKinstry Skip Hire Ulster Grand Prix road races around the 7.4-mile Dundrod Circuit this week.

McGuinness has just recently returned from Japan where he was racing in the Suzuka eight-hour race.

The 39-year-old from Morecambe in Lancashire rides for the TT Honda Legends team at Dundrod in the superbike class and for Padgetts Inda in the supersport and superstock events. McGuinness and the TT Honda Legends team have concentrated their 2011 racing activities around the World Endurance championship, the TT and Ulster Grand Prix.

He is joined in that team by last year’s UGP second supersport race winner Keith Amor and Wilson Craig.

McGuinness, 17-times a TT winner having completed a superbike–Senior double back in June, made his Dundrod debut in 2003.

He finished third in the Production 600cc race, repeating that result a year later, claiming his first UGP victory in 2005 with a tenth of a second victory over Adrian Archibald in the opening supersport race.

He went on to make it a double on the day, his only Ulster Grand Prix wins to date, by claiming victory in the 250GP event.

In 2006 he became the first man to break the Dundrod 130mph barrier unofficially during practice.

Having missed the 2010 meeting due to lack of machinery, McGuinness is looking forward to getting back on track come the first practice session tomorrow.

“It is great being reunited with my TT double-winning superbike and I’m looking for some strong results this week, not only on the TT Legends Honda superbike, but also on Clive’s immaculately prepared machines in the other classes.

“The opposition will be tough, especially with a lot of fast riders, but I’m up for the challenge, as I love riding at the Irish meetings and this is the only time this year we have been able to bring the team across to Ireland to put on a show for supporters.”

Practice commences for the Dundrod 150 and Ulster Grand Prix tomorrow afternoon,
with the roads closing between 1.30pm and 9.30pm.

It then continues on Thursday when the roads close between 10.30am and 8.30pm
and with the five-race Dundrod 150 programme set to commence from 2pm.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, the roads close for the McKinstry Skip Hire Ulster Grand Prix at 9.30am
ahead of a thrilling six-race programme.

09-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ulster Grand Prix Week - Schedule of Events - by Malcolm - 09-08-2011, 03:53 PM