The Malaysian MotoGP cancelled after a serious incident involving Simoncelli
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: The Malaysian MotoGP has been cancelled after a serious incident involving Simoncelli
[Image: simoncelliheadshot3.jpg]

BSB pays tribute to MotoGP rider Simoncelli

Following the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli during the opening laps of the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix at Sepang International circuit today (Sunday), BSB wishes to offer its sympathies and condolences to his family, team, and the entire paddock for their loss. They will all be in our thoughts during this difficult time.

BSB Series and Race Director Stuart Higgs was officiating at both the Philip Island and Sepang rounds as an FIM Steward, he said: "Today the motorcycle racing world has been robbed of one of it's brightest stars. Just last weekend I saw him secure his best ever result on a MotoGP bike and on behalf of BSB I offer our condolences to the entire MotoGP community at this very sad time."

BSB riders and team managers offered their thoughts via social networking sites:

Tommy Hill: "So so sad! Absolutely terrible and heart breaking when this happens in our sport! All my regards to MS family and close friends"

Shaun Muir: "I share the thoughts of millions of race fans. So cruel so sad. Paddocks around the world mourn. RIP Marco."

Shakey Byrne: "RIP #58, Marco Simoncelli, legend..."

John Hopkins: "God Speed #58 Simoncelli .... Your fighting spirit will live on forever !!!"

John Laverty: "What a loss to racing, RIP Simoncelli your good times will never be forgotten."

Simon Andrews: "Loved his aggression as a rider! Hate whats happened and so sad! RIP to another great rider this year #58 - I say to all my friends life is too short and this is why"

Alex Lowes: "RIP #58 my thoughts are with all his family and friends........Legend"

Peter Hickman: "RIP Marco 58, thoughts are with your family and friends"

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Malaysian MotoGP has been cancelled after a serious incident involving Simoncelli - by Malcolm - 23-10-2011, 10:01 PM