TT afterthought
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT afterthought
Hi Eric, long time no hear from you. Good to see that your repertoire is constant !

The TT is without a doubt the best motorcycling event in the world and should be portrayed as such by the supporting bodies who promote it, and by my way of thinking it is not promoted well enough. Why is it that people around the world think that it is an event much like the Targa Floria ? Dead years ago.

I have been over in Japan for the last few months, and people over there just do not know what the TT is about. I have taken videos and shown them in public bars and the reception has been fantastic. They just cannot believe that people race on public roads and every single person that I have spoken to (after showing the video) has stated that every man who races the TT is unbeleivabley heroic.

I have at least 3 guys in Japan who after viewing the tapes of 2002, have told me that they are now saving to make sure that they will be at TT2004 whatever it takes. (DOT&L take note for the next Tokyo Bike show).

Strange isn't it, that the major manufacturers from Japan, who have had winning bikes year after year for at least the last 30 years or more, do not seem to promote the TT in their own country !!

We, the supporters of the TT, are people who want to see change, and to see the TT prosper and be recognised for what it is, the best.

Surely change that will benefit the event and take it to where it belongs is no bad thing. However the people who are running the event at the moment, have to understand that change means just that. Out with the old, in with the new and bring new ideas to make sure that people out there in the big wild world know what is going on in The Isle of Man in May/June.

I have heard so many comments this year from supporters and participants, which are extremely derogatory concerning the "fat cats" and I have to agree. What is needed now is someone who cares about this event as a biker/racer to take on the mantle of the one who will take the TT to new recognition. (Please come in Carmello Esapalita of MotoGP and do something).

I cannot see this being achieved however, with the present "bodies" being involved and therefore people like you Eric, need to make your voice known for change to be made. Email David Cretney and tell him what you think, perhaps it may make a difference, who knows ?

It appears that the ACU are living off the back of the TT. How much do they actually receive from the DOT&L for being the sanctioning body, apart from the free hotels, meals, hire cars, ferry fares, air fares etc etc and the slap up meals near enough every night,that funnily enough seem to take precedence over award ceremonys for those that actually make the event happen - the riders !

Only you out there, the supporters of the TT can make things happen. Don't sit on your backsides saying "yes something should be done about this", DO IT and make it happen. Without you, the TT will fall flat on it's bottom and the 2007 Centeneray year will be no more than a parade lap of things that used to be. Pretty much like the Moto Giro d'Italia.
21-06-2003, 01:13 AM

Messages In This Thread
TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 19-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 09:05 AM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Re: TT afterthought - by Anonymous - 20-06-2003, 11:38 PM