JG Speedfit Kawasaki’s Ellison and Hickman wrap up positive Jerez test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki’s Ellison and Hickman wrap up positive Jerez test
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

The JG Speedfit Kawasaki team have completed their final day on track at Jerez with both James Ellison and Macau GP race winner Peter Hickman reporting a positive start to their pre-season testing campaign.

Ellison continued to up the pace on the second day at Jerez, completing a race simulation and setting an impressive pace on the new 2016 ZX10R despite still running a standard engine. Ellison left feeling impressed with their initial tests on the new Kawasaki and he was joined on the second day by team-mate Peter Hickman.

Fresh from his victory at the Macau Grand Prix last weekend, Louth-based Hickman was instantly on the move, improving his pace throughout the day and was delighted with his initial impressions of the JG Speedfit Kawasaki.

[Image: ellisontestnovember.jpg]

Ellison said:

"It was another productive day again today. Yesterday we hit a 1m:42.3s as a best lap and today we have been doing them consistently with a best time of 1m:41.9s which would have been fifth fastest lap in race one of WSBK this year. For a standard engine with no traction control or anti-wheelie it shows the huge potential of Kawasaki's new 2016 ZX10R. We did 85 laps today and a race simulation so it has been a very successful test for us. I am excited to get back out again on track but before that I'm looking forward to meeting some race fans at Motorcycle Live at the NEC this coming weekend and the following weekend before flying back to Texas to see my wife and son."

Hickman said:

"It has been great, I had a mint day! I felt a lot more comfortable on the bike today but there's still a long way to go. I am happy enough with my pace though. I have ridden at Jerez before but only instructing so it's different to try and go fast. I've ended up 1.1 seconds slower than what James did yesterday on his first day, so considering he's ridden a Kawasaki for two years and I've just flown in from Macau, I'm happy with that!"

25-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
JG Speedfit Kawasaki’s Ellison and Hickman wrap up positive Jerez test - by Malcolm - 25-11-2015, 12:06 PM