TT 2024 done.... What d'ya think of that then?
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 14
RE: TT 2024 done.... What d'ya think of that then?
I picked up some rider fatigue chat last year and more this year, the races and qualifying will not be run in the wet - for Senior race day I ended up stationed and marshalling at Cammall Farm, there was a passing localised rain shower which left the area around Barregarrow very wet, it was drying quickly but while totally wet the instruction was no racing will proceed and even after considerable inspection by TM as it dried quickly we were informed that any "difference" in road surface(small spots of damp or shine on tarmac) would mean the rain flag had to be displayed, fortunately it all dried out quickly as the sun came out and round / over the trees.
The older fans, marshals etc I speak to mostly say the schedule is too busy but the newer fans are more than happy to see 2/3 days racing or even just qualifying in a 5 day visit - a plus point of this thinking is that at the start of practice week I noticed driving around the course that the whole place seemed busy and we were much better off than previous years with signed up marshals which helps greatly in getting sessions under way on time - I started the response car driving in 2022 and the sector logistics and running about has been getting much easier to deal with especially this year with numbers signed in/on - would like to pass on thanks and appreciation to you all,
Defo agree that there seems to be an increasing number of European bike around the island and in response to local voices heard that the island isn't as busy as media/govt claimed I don't think Douglas has the nightly footfall draw these days - fans who are camping, BnB, homestay etc away from Douglas seem to stay away from Douglas - when i'm out on the road early doors there's lots of fans in specs away from Douglas.
Roll on The Manx
16-06-2024, 08:41 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TT 2024 done.... What d'ya think of that then? - by Alfie Noakes - 16-06-2024, 08:41 PM