Public parking arrangements have been changed for this years event,
read details here -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c103y3ejry8o
10-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Website Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Grandstand parking 'overhauled' for TT2024
I always thought the parking arrangements for visiting the paddock were really good. Why have they changed it? The new area for cars looks tiny.
10-05-2024, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 37
(10-05-2024, 01:50 PM)Smokin Haddock Racing Wrote: I always thought the parking arrangements for visiting the paddock were really good.  Why have they changed it?  The new area for cars looks tiny.

There were problems in 2022 caused by the wet conditions, with cars and vans getting stuck

As a result they stopped larger vehicles (including mine!) parking there in 2023 without any warning

My guess is that the changes are down to the vehicles getting stuck and the damage caused to the park - this time the information is being communicated
11-05-2024, 07:26 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 14
As Nasher says and inhouse local govt/council/authority goon wrangling about the access gate in the bricked/stone wall from St Ninians which apparently didn't have planning permission.....the bit I struggle with is the suggestion/thinking that people should and will use public transport to get up to the paddock area - I can't see that working tbh, what I can see is a downturn in footfalls because of the parking and ease of access agg or the surrounding streets chocker with parked vehicles..
You only have to look at the road access scenario and permission discussions with the all new Braddan Roundhouse public facility which is an ongoing joke to see the myopic ignorant mentality of local authorities, commissioners and councils - they basically built the roundhouse knowing they had no rights of access via a road and now it's all gone clocksprings.
12-05-2024, 08:50 AM
Find Reply