Where are we watching from.
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 25
Where are we watching from.
I'm at schoolhouse corner today. Sat in the school yard on the right . First time at this spot. I will let you know my thoughts.
We're are the other forum members watching from today
31-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 41
RE: Where are we watching from.
(31-05-2024, 12:19 PM)Chrisp955 Wrote: I'm at schoolhouse corner today. Sat in the school yard on the right . First time at this spot. I will let you know my thoughts.
We're are the other forum members watching from today
Sounds like you've had a lively day at Schoolhouse

I'm 'watching' from my sick bed...

I'll spare the gory details but I've had a couple of episodes of chronic pain and it seemed like the only sensible thing to do was get home in front of my own doc, blood tests next week...

My 60th anniversary TT - number of bikes seen on the TT course = 0.
31-05-2024, 06:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Ya German guy off in front of us 63 Huff or sutch like.left my program on the bike. He a new comer . All good though he was up and watching the rest of the season hopefully he will be out again. . Founds and Walnsley flying the 3 rd wheel very spectacular .We have moved to the Central now in Parliament square . Miss need the loo and I fenced a shandy. Hope your not to poorly sticky and feeling better soon.
31-05-2024, 06:33 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

I'm watching from home
But I hope all on the island give bruce Anstey a very big cheer during the parade lap
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
01-06-2024, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 76
I was watching at laurel Bank its a good spot to watch from
01-06-2024, 11:12 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

I went to Sarah cottage today but couldn't get in as it was full a hour before roads closed. So carried on to Cronk y Voddy. Good spot very fast. Walked down to the 11th.
I haven't watched from laurel bank for a long time.
Leaving the bike at the digs tomorrow getting the bus to Brandon church. Then on to Peel for a pint or two after the racing.
01-06-2024, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 21
Watched Saturday from morown chapel and Sunday from barregarrow crossroads..... Both great, especially barregarrow, it never fails to take my breath away when the first bikes tear through

=======================================================================
See you on the island
03-06-2024, 08:48 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

I have watched at Barragerow crossroads from the field on the right. I'm thinking of trying the white chapel on the right. Has anyone watched from there ? Is it any good ?
03-06-2024, 11:45 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(03-06-2024, 11:45 AM)Chrisp955 Wrote: I have watched at Barragerow crossroads from the field on the right. I'm thinking of trying the white chapel on the right. Has anyone watched from there ? Is it any good ?

Not as big a view as opposite but they're under your nose. Usually gets people there that are late catching the road closing / want to move / waiting for crossing point opening.

Always room there, which tells is own story

See you on the island
04-06-2024, 08:43 AM
Find Reply
King Orry Offline

Threads: 3
My wife and I returned to watch from May Hill in Ramsey, 34 years after our first visit to the exact same spot (where we’d watched Hislop & Foggy going toe to toe and gutter to gutter through there 👍).
Seemed pretty quiet, but nice to be back and easy access from ‘the outside’ of the course with parking close by.
06-06-2024, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Well, so far, Saturday was from morown, sunday from barregarrow, Tuesday from nowhere as it got binned, Wednesday from Glen duff until it rained, today from the village hall at union mills.... Until it rained.

See you on the island
06-06-2024, 05:25 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 14
So far in Response Car and Marshalling i've been to Black Hut, Guthries, Ballig x 2, Cronk y Voddy, Kirk Michael, Windy Corner, QB, Braddan Bridge ... more to come
06-06-2024, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Is the service road at the back of windy corner ridable? Was thinking of May hill today. There been a lot of building work there. We use to view from the field facing the play ground but that's flats now .
07-06-2024, 09:06 AM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 169
(07-06-2024, 09:06 AM)Chrisp955 Wrote: Is the service road at the back of windy corner ridable? Was thinking of May hill today. There been a lot of building work there. We use to view from the field facing the play ground but that's flats now .

Rode it downwards to Laxey a few years ago and would not recommend it on a road bike unless vastly improved in the meantime, quite rocky in the mid section, risk of grounding.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
07-06-2024, 09:12 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

(07-06-2024, 09:06 AM)Chrisp955 Wrote: Is the service road at the back of windy corner ridable? Was thinking of May hill today. There been a lot of building work there. We use to view from the field facing the play ground but that's flats now .
Was parked up at Windy yesterday in response car - lots of bikes to and from on that track / trail to Glen Roy but most were trailies/enduro/trials and one older Africa Twin .... can tell you from personal experience that you don't want to be riding anything street based up/down there......my late Dad told me back in his days the track was driveable in a car so I took my Suzuki TL1000 down there from Windy - pushed it most of the way down after getting far enough to realise that turning around and returning would be nigh on impossible......don't be fooled by the initial smoother part from Windy.
07-06-2024, 09:31 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

I'm on a triumph tiger. But two up so maybe not then lol
07-06-2024, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(07-06-2024, 09:31 AM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Was parked up at Windy yesterday in response car - lots of bikes to and from on that track / trail to Glen Roy but most were trailies/enduro/trials and one older Africa Twin .... can tell you from personal experience that you don't want to be riding anything street based up/down there......my late Dad told me back in his days the track was driveable in a car so I took my Suzuki TL1000 down there from Windy - pushed it most of the way down after getting far enough to realise that turning around and returning would be nigh on impossible......don't be fooled by the initial smoother part from Windy.

Take it from me, it's a great blast down on a mountain bike. We used to follow the Pre65 trial at the end of the mgp on mountain bikes.

See you on the island
07-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Find Reply
Multirider Offline

Threads: 1
(07-06-2024, 09:31 AM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Was parked up at Windy yesterday in response car - lots of bikes to and from on that track / trail to Glen Roy but most were trailies/enduro/trials and one older Africa Twin .... can tell you from personal experience that you don't want to be riding anything street based up/down there......my late Dad told me back in his days the track was driveable in a car so I took my Suzuki TL1000 down there from Windy - pushed it most of the way down after getting far enough to realise that turning around and returning would be nigh on impossible......don't be fooled by the initial smoother part from Windy.

I drove the route down to glen roy by van once many years ago. When I realized I was wrong, there was no turning back and I had to drive the whole way. It took me nearly 2 hours and the hardest part was the bottom gate. I've now ridden up and down it several times on my Beta 390. It's much more relaxed.
Don´t dream your life, live your dreams!

07-06-2024, 08:35 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Last flag station I ended up parked at was Cammall Farm after Bagarrow Bottom on Saturday.....the Superbikes are in one bucking, weaving wheelying arc coming head on and past to 13th Milestone......lovely
13-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

(31-05-2024, 06:16 PM)sticky Wrote: Sounds like you've had a lively day at Schoolhouse

I'm 'watching' from my sick bed...

I'll spare the gory details but I've had a couple of episodes of chronic pain and it seemed like the only sensible thing to do was get home in front of my own doc, blood tests next week...

My 60th anniversary TT - number of bikes seen on the TT course = 0.

Sorry to hear you are unwell sticks, I wondered why I had not seen you around anywhere with your camera. Hope you get well soon.
16-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Find Reply