Isle of Man police in TT fuel spill campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Isle of Man police in TT fuel spill campaign
The Isle of Man police force has begun a fuel spill campaign ahead of the 2011 TT racing on the Mountain course.

In the last five years, 25 vehicles have been involved in accidents in which fuel on the road has been a contributory factor.

This year the police are planning to come down hard on anyone responsible.

Infrastructure minister Phil Gawne said the owner of a vehicle leaking fuel can be prosecuted and in the case of private vehicles, fined up to £1,000.

He added: "Fuel spills cause an unacceptable hazard to motorists and motorcycles and threaten the safety of all road users. The message is clear - take care when fuelling your vehicle to avoid spills and leaks."

Police said drivers are being asked not to overfill their tanks, ensure vehicles are well serviced and report any spillages as soon as possible to the authorities.

The road safety team from the Isle of Man force will be visiting various filling stations over the TT period as part of a campaign to raise awareness of the problem.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Website Find Reply