Double podium for Kneen on debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Double podium for Kneen on debut
[Image: martrainlogo.jpg]

Dan Kneen made the most of his Mar-Train Racing debut on Monday scoring a brace of podium finishes on his YZF-R1M superbike. Indeed the Manx man was unlucky not to post a victory in race two as he was narrowly pipped to the line by reigning ISB champion Ryan Rainey.

After qualifying in second place Kneen finished in a safe second place in race one, just over half a second off Rainey but almost two seconds clear of third place Nikki Coates. Race two was a titanic battle between Rainey, Kneen, Coates, Mawhinney and McCormack, the top four eventually covered by just six tenths of a second at the chequered flag. In the end, despite leading out of the final turn, Kneen had to settle for second as Rainey out dragged him to the line to win by one tenth of a second.

Team Principal – Tim Martin

“Dan rode really well today, he is still learning the bike and we are still trying new settings but he had his race face on and could easily have come away with a victory. He was lapping just three tenths off the lap record and had it not been for a small mistake on the run to the line would have lifted his first trophy of the year. All in all a very positive start to the year and great to see Yamaha first and second in both races.”

Rider – Dan Kneen

“I enjoyed today’s run out, testing is one thing but to get a race under your belt is a different matter so I feel ready now for the season ahead. The R1 was working really well and I should have taken the win in the second race but I can’t complain, Rainey was on form all day. I’m looking forward now to the start of the roads campaign in a few weeks and a busy two months of racing.”

Next races:

Tandragee 100 – 22nd / 23rd April

Cookstown 100 – 29th / 30th April

30-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Website Find Reply