TT 2024... What's ya plans
H2pots Offline

Threads: 19
TT 2024... What's ya plans
Well, it's nearly here. What's you folks plans with viewing and other plans?

I'll be taking in the races at different spots every day, my personal favorites are....

Barregarrow crossroads.
Glen duff council yard.
Bungalow (on a nice day).
Glenlough campsite, I've a couple of mates sleeping rough there, I'll have a day with those lads no doubt.
Helicopter field at Glen Helen.

I like the church's at morown and union mills too, always worth a days viewing with good food, chairs and good watching

=======================================================================
See you on the island
16-05-2024, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: TT 2024... What's ya plans
Only 3 days of practice week,as foot passenger,one session at Cronk ny Mona,food and drinks at the Cat wi no tail,walk through houses to Manor pub, then grandstand,then down to prom for beer or two,second evening ,Railway Union Mills,walk back ,via Rugby club,and Woodbourne,then downtown again,3rd night undecided,ferry back Thursday.Bus trips to Peel, Port Erin.
16-05-2024, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Sitting up into the night listening to and watching TTPlus and hoping for no delays. :-)
Warning Level 0% since 2006
17-05-2024, 12:38 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 450
Quarry bends on Saturday, then no other plans for viewing other than a kind offer from a friend & Kirkmichael resident at some stage.
Spare time will be spent having our annual go at Ramsey Sprint & making fools of ourselves again, also probably nip into the Manor, Laverda77, (had an epic Friday afternoon there last year at the Manx after racing was postponed, the flamin' Karaoke kicked off at 5pm - they know how to party!!) & our annual Mad Sunday night visit to The Old Market Inn, hopefully meet up with a few members again & also pick up The Market charity T shirt.
& a Davidsons ice cream in Peel!
17-05-2024, 07:36 AM
Website Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 33
Over for 16 days to:

Ride my motorbikes on the best race track in the universe

Watch practice from the places that are usually really busy on race days

If weather allows, watching every race from the Bungalow

Having a full breakfast every other morning in a cafe - yum!

Meeting old friends and making new

Skateboarding along Douglas prom

And when it's all over, do it all again at the Manx Grand Prix
17-05-2024, 08:08 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 14
Busy every practice & race day with Response Car driving / TTMA and parking up in van Port Erin a few nights in between and paddleboarding to wind down, when TT has finished i'll be helping out at the paddleboard shop Port Erin for a week or so and another year older on the 15th
17-05-2024, 08:58 AM
Find Reply
Multirider Offline

Threads: 1
As i have not applied for a mediapass this time, i will mostly be standing in private places.

- garden behind Sulby Bridge
- Handleys Corner
- Kirk Michael, old bakery
- Kirk Michael, opposite Tony East
- Rhencullen
- Cronk ny Mona (Moddey Dhoo party on Senior raceday)
- Quarry Bends inside the old quarry (where I stay during the TT and MGP)
Don´t dream your life, live your dreams!

17-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 9
Camping at Glen Lough in our VW camper. First three days of practice I've signed up to marshal at the Bungalow. First Saturday race day is party time in mates garden just down from Signpost. The rest is up in the air but will definitely involve Thai Thai, Paparazzi and Isola plus of course Laxey beach and lots of ice cream.
17-05-2024, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
Gleesy Offline

Threads: 6
Arriving Friday 31st & staying at Douglas Rugby Club.

Saturday - Grandstand / paddock / fan park

Sunday - Sarah's Cottage

Monday - explore the island (Dhoon Glen, Glen Mooar) & take in the Mountain railway

Tuesday - Kirk Michael (Whitehouse Park)

Wednesday - Grandstand / paddock / fan park (again)

Thursday - wishing I was still there.............
17-05-2024, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
11th Milestone, Sulby, Quarry bends if there is a space, if not, on to the Conker Fields. Sarah's if there is a space. Cronk Y Voddy.
And I always try to watch at least one race from somewhere I have not been before
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
18-05-2024, 02:17 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 41
Friday 24th:  Off the boat and find the guys I report on in the paddock then down to Castletown to sign on for the Pre TT Classic and find more guys I need to report on!

Sat 25th: Back to Billown - probably check out the food thingy that was supposed to be at St Ninians and is now at Castletown

Sun 26th:  More Pre TT then over to Peel to hit up the Royal India - quite possibly the Lamb Cafrial with Pilau Rice - and then scoff it on Peel breakwater

After that I'll make it up as I go along...
18-05-2024, 05:09 PM
Website Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 25
On the red eye from Liverpool Wednesday night /Thursday morning.
Off the boat ride up the prom nod to sir Norm and check if anything has changed .
Then visit two old pals who ashes we spread over the years. John Pownall at governors and iom Stan at Hillbeary .
Then a lap . Try not to get pulled like last year for over taking a outfit at Crosby.
Cafe for breakfast then off to the homestay for a few hours kip
Probably Barragerow for Thursday night practice. Back to digs swill then throw far too much money over the bar at the Rosemount. Probably bit of tea from the terrace chippy sat on the tables outside the Rosey. Rest of the week I will take as it comes. But hopefully a night out in Peel and maybe one at the Glue pot.
18-05-2024, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Fescue Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
First timer, and unfortunately, will miss most of day 1. However, on Sunday, have tickets for the grandstand. (Figure that is a good place to start for a first timer).
Not sure of the other days, but plan to hit Ballaugh Bridge/Sulby; I am staying in Ramsey, so plenty to catch there by the sounds of it, and for sure Creg-ny-baa as I've been informed it is a legendary TT tavern. However, open to any suggestions for viewing that are not the usual suspects of places to watch. Also, relying on public transportation or meeting new friends with cars. Ha.
Icon_cool
19-05-2024, 02:45 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 41
(19-05-2024, 02:45 PM)Fescue Wrote: First timer, and unfortunately, will miss most of day 1. However, on Sunday, have tickets for the grandstand. (Figure that is a good place to start for a first timer).
Not sure of the other days, but plan to hit Ballaugh Bridge/Sulby; I am staying in Ramsey, so plenty to catch there by the sounds of it, and for sure Creg-ny-baa as I've been informed it is a legendary TT tavern. However, open to any suggestions for viewing that are not the usual suspects of places to watch. Also, relying on public transportation or meeting new friends with cars. Ha.

You've got plenty of options near Ramsey.  On a nice day you can take the vintage electric tram to Laxey and then on up to The Bungalow.  Good viewing and it can cope with a lot of people without getting too crowded.  Going in the reverse direction of the course and walkable is the wood yard at the Glen Auldyn jump.  Get there early though.  Depending on how energetic you're feeling it's possible to walk to the K Tree / Conker Trees / Churchtown (all the same place and again in the reverse direction of the course).  Fairly sure it's on a bus route too.  Very popular on big bike race days, so again, be there early for the best spot.

Ballaugh Bridge gets very busy so guess what - be there early!  The church yard at Union Mills is a decent spot and there are refreshments and toilets in the church hall.  Another early one if you want a decent spot.
19-05-2024, 03:02 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 75
This year we are back in port erin staying in a new home stay so pastures new this year and looking forward for a walk on the prom and a couple of pints of bitter in the pubs/hotels ,then on Friday evening watch the practice at Ballacraine and Saturday at Laurel Bank I can't wait then after that I'll just wing it oh and one day at the bungalow.
19-05-2024, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 5
Over on the 21st so first few days exploring/chilling then from Monday onwards it’ll be Sulby village for every practice /race. A few days recovering after the hectic schedule then home.
19-05-2024, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
Over on 31st, home on the 10th, I don't really make plans as they end up going out the window, last year I was there for the whole of race week and didn't watch any race from the spot I initially intended so if I say I'm watching the Senior from Bray Hill I'll probably end up at Signpost.

I'd like to think I'll get to as many places as possible because despite having a provisional booking for next year, I might call it a day after this years TT depending on how it goes, then again I'll probably still end up paying the full amount come February! But seriously I can't see me attending the TT for much longer, I get more enjoyment attending local club events at Aintree and Three Sisters with the occasional trip out to Oulton and Anglesey for Wirral 100 events, not to mention it's easier on the wallet.
24-05-2024, 08:00 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(24-05-2024, 08:00 AM)AntG Wrote: But seriously I can't see me attending the TT for much longer, 

I've changed my TT plans for 2025, next year I'm going to bob across for the first days practice and see the pre TT classics at billown.

Then a couple of days as footys back end of race week. Reduced time off work, reduced time on the island.

But, for me, I'm extending the mgp visit as it's better. If you've not been across for the mgp, try it, it might just rekindle your passion

See you on the island
24-05-2024, 08:13 AM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
(24-05-2024, 08:13 AM)H2pots Wrote: I've changed my TT plans for 2025, next year I'm going to bob across for the first days practice and see the pre TT classics at billown.

Then a couple of days as footys back end of race week. Reduced time off work, reduced time on the island.

But, for me, I'm extending the mgp visit as it's better. If you've not been across for the mgp, try it, it might just rekindle your passion

I attended the Manx in 15,16 and 17 and I enjoyed that it was more relaxed than the TT, but the truth is my love for the roads has waned since that tragic summer in 2018 where a bunch of riders were lost in quick succession across a few different events.

It's weird, while I'm on the island I enjoy it and when I go home I've normally got some good memories having met some old friends and made some new ones but the last couple of TT's and same with this one is in the couple of months building up to it, I've contemplated cancelling it, it almost feels like a chore going now whereas a few years back I'd have been buzzing during the build up.

But then at the same time I can guarantee next friday afternoon once I've set my tent up and had a few hours kip after the early morning crossing I'll be walking around with a big smile on my face.

My girlfriend actually made a good point fairly recently when I discussed it with her and her exact words were "you've fallen out of love with the sport but you still love the people involved in the sport" and I think she has a point there.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2024, 08:41 AM by AntG.)
24-05-2024, 08:36 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(24-05-2024, 08:36 AM)AntG Wrote: I attended the Manx in 15,16 and 17 and I enjoyed that it was more relaxed than the TT, but the truth is my love for the roads has waned since that tragic summer in 2018 where a bunch of riders were lost in quick succession across a few different events.

It's weird, while I'm on the island I enjoy it and when I go home I've normally got some good memories having met some old friends and made some new ones but the last couple of TT's and same with this one is in the couple of months building up to it, I've contemplated cancelling it, it almost feels like a chore going now whereas a few years back I'd have been buzzing during the build up.

But then at the same time I can guarantee next friday afternoon once I've set my tent up and had a few hours kip after the early morning crossing I'll be walking around with a big smile on my face.

My girlfriend actually made a good point fairly recently when I discussed it with her and her exact words were "you've fallen out of love with the sport but you still love the people involved in the sport" and I think she has a point there.
Good post, refreshingly honest.

We change, I put a thread up a bit back  saying this. 
https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthr...?tid=31725

It's a tough one isn't it. It makes you torn doesn't it. Part of you wants one thing and another part wants another.

Maybe try a shorter visit next year. Not going at all is a tough ask as it'll be torture with the event running and not being there at all, that buzz is what we all fell in love with.

See you on the island
24-05-2024, 09:04 AM
Find Reply