"It's been a tough day and I'm very disappointed. Through the lead up to the racing we've shown what's possible: We were front row again, and podiums are clearly there for the taking. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this bike and team.
"In that first race we started ok, I held position in the opening laps but by lap six I could feel the rear tyre performance dropping off badly. Despite being the same tyre we used in practice and qualifying, come the race we weren't getting the same grip. For a while I was able to hold on to sixth, but when the safety car came out, everyone closed on to me. So when we got the green light again I just couldn't go and that was the end of it.
"We went for a harder tyre for the second race and that worked well. We were secure in fifth when on the 20th lap, on the run to the hairpin, I ran in too deep. The rear came up so I couldn't turn, I let the brake off to regain control, but that put me wide and off the circuit. Game over!
"I've got to thank the team for these past three rounds. They've worked so hard to give me everything they can. And we've got a couple of half-decent finishes along the way, but the results they need and I want just haven't come. I can put so much down to bad luck but the rest? - Well, it's about racing. If it was easy, everyone would do it."
Jack Valentine - Team Manager:
"There's not much I can add to what Michael's already said. We're disappointed; we can't deny that. But also we all feel for Michael. Two front row qualifying-performances from three is evidence of his speed. Even today there were times we could feel hopeful. But the results just haven't come.
"So, we have to face it, we're in a position again where we need to find a solution to get us back to the sharp end of the racing."
ViSK British Superbike Championship:
1. Leon Camier GBR Airwaves Yamaha 27mins 49.745secs 33 laps
2. Stuart Easton GBR Hydrex Honda +1.805secs
3. Josh Brookes AUS HM Plant Honda +1.904secs
4. Simon Andrews GBR MSS Colchester Kawasaki +4.001secs
5. James Ellison GBR Airwaves Yamaha +4.875secs
6. Ian Lowry GBR Relentless TAS Suzuki +4.898secs
7. Chris Walker GBR Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha +6.587secs
8. Graeme Gowland GBR Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha +7.326secs
9. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team NB Suzuki +9.551secs Cup
10. Jason O'Halloran AUS SMT Honda +9.728secs
11. Michael Rutter GBR Worx Crescent Suzuki +9.928secs
1. Leon Camier GBR Airwaves Yamaha 24mins 41.486secs 30 laps
2. Josh Brookes AUS HM Plant Honda +4.996secs
3. James Ellison GBR Airwaves Yamaha +6.307secs
4. Stuart Easton GBR Hydrex Honda +6.748secs
5. Chris Walker GBR Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha +16.488secs
6. Simon Andrews GBR MSS Colchester Kawasaki +26.311secs
7. Graeme Gowland GBR Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha +29.157secs
8. Julien Da Costa FRA MSS Colchester Kawasaki +30.550secs
9. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team NB Suzuki +30.813secs
10. Gary Mason GBR Quay Honda +31.621secs