Lougher and the production-based CBR1000RR Fireblade clocked an average speed of 124.028mph and set the fastest time of 3:32.216 (125.551mph) during the opening seven-lap Lisburn City Council Superstock event. This fantastic result follows his success at the International North West 200 road races in May on the same machine.
The County Down-based Welshman also tasted the victory champagne after both of the Ulster GP Superbike events. In race one, he made a good start from the front row of the grid aboard the Team DMRR Honda Racing Fireblade and remained at the front of the pack for the majority of race distance.
In the second UGPSC Superbike race, Lougher took the holeshot and once again dominated the chasing pack posting a winning time of 26:04.850 at an average speed of 119.003mph. This trio of successful road racing victories reiterates the power and handling characteristics of the CBR1000RR Fireblade under the most demanding of conditions.
His new team-mate Cameron Donald also showed good form on his debut at the Northern Irish event. He opened with an eighth position in the Superstock class, before taking ninth and sixth positions respectively in the two Superbike legs at the infamous 7.5-mile Dundrod circuit. However, it was in the Supersport class that Donald was to make his mark.
After qualifying inside the top ten aboard the CBR600RR, Lougher and Donald finished fourth and sixth respectively in the Run for Yer Maun UGP Supersport race. Thirty-eight-year-old Lougher completed the seven-lap event in 25:24.553 (122.050mph), which was less than nine seconds behind eventual race winner John McGuinness. Donald was a further 13 seconds down on his team-mate at the chequered flag.
On the opening lap of the second Supersport race, Lougher looked comfortable on the Team DMRR Honda Racing CBR600RR while battling with eventual winner Ryan Farquhar. However, following a crash at the hairpin, Dromore-based Lougher was forced to retire, unhurt, from the remainder of the race.
That left determined road racer Donald to fly the Honda Racing flag as he made his way through the field from eighth on the grid to take his first podium finish at the Ulster Grand Prix. The third-placed CBR600RR also set the fastest lap of 3:47.411 (117.162mph) to round of an excellent all-round team performance by Team DMRR Honda Racing.
Ian Lougher: As you can imagine, Im absolutely thrilled to have come away from the Ulster Grand Prix with three wins! The Team DMRR Honda Racing and the Blackhorse Finance-supported Fireblades are fantastic machines. Im glad that I was able to utilise their capabilities to best effect when it mattered most.
It was another hectic event with five races in a day and Id like to thank the team for their support. After success in the Superstock class at the North West 200 and Supersport TT, I am delighted to have added my Ulster GP Superstock and Superbike victories to my achievements in 2005. It means a lot to add my name to the famous Honda riders, who have won here in the past.
Cameron Donald: Overall, Ive had a fantastic weekend! To get a podium finish on a track where I havent had a lot of experience is great. The weather conditions were a little tricky over the weekend, but the Team DMRR Honda Racing machines handled really well in all conditions. Im also really pleased to have won the newcomers trophy its an awesome personal achievement for me.
Im heading back to Australia for a bit of a break, but I would love to come back to the UK to compete at the end of the season. Being a part of the Team DMRR Honda Racing team with Ian Lougher has been a real honour for me.
UGP Superbike race one result
1. Ian Lougher 25:38.364 (127.351mph); 2. Bruce Anstey 25:39.850 (127.406mph); 3. Ryan Farquhar 25:54.547 (127.488mph); 4. Richard Britton 25:56.611 (126.304mph); 5. John McGuinness 26:00.630 (128.012mph); 9. Cameron Donald 26:38.299 (125.923mph)
Fastest lap: Guy Martin 3:27.893 (128.162mph)
UGPSC Superbike race two result
1. Ian Lougher 26:04.850 (119.003mph); 2. Guy Martin 26:04.850 (118.907); 3. Richard Britton 26:05.176 (118.882); 4. Jason Griffiths 26:07.753 (118.687); 5. Martin Finnegan 26:19.201 (117.827); 6. Cameron Donald 26:41.431(116.191)
Fastest lap: Richard Britton 3:36.254 (118.882mph)
Lisburn City Council Superstock race result
1. Ian Lougher 25:03.757 (124.028mph); 2. Adrian Archibald 25:16.546 (122.982mph); 3. Guy Martin 25:16.742 (122.966mph); 4. Martin Finnegan 25:30.594 (121.853mph); 5. Rob Frost 25:40.193 (121.094mph); 8. Cameron Donald 25:47.714 (120.505mph)
Fastest lap: Ian Lougher 3:32.216 (125.551mph)
A Run for Yer Maun UGP Supersport race one result
1. John McGuinness 25:15:744 (122.759mph); 2. Adrian Archibald 25:15.850 (122.751mph); 3. Bruce Anstey 25:21.838 (122.268mph); 4. Ian Lougher 25:24.553 (122.050mph); 5. Ryan Farquhar 25:35.230 (121.201mph); 6. Cameron Donald 25:37.636 (121.012mph)
Fastest lap: Adrian Archibald 3:34.919 (123.972mph)
S.B.E Supersport race two result
1. Ryan Farquhar 23:07.966 (114.864mph); 2. Martin Finnegan 23:12.781 (114.467mph); 3. Cameron Donald 23:17.191 (114.106mph); 4. John McGuinness 23:17.685 (114.066mph) 5. Richard Britton 23:27.035 (113.308mph); DNF Ian Lougher
Fastest lap: Cameron Donald 3:47.411 (117.162mph)