Hollywood's latest racing film
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hollywood's latest racing film
One of the latest films from Hollywood is called The Brown Bunny! When I heard that it is about a bike racer I was naturally all ears LOL! In the film the racer has a series of romances with women who remind him of his lost love who has a brown bunny.
Sadly, it was so badly done that over 100 critics walked out in protest.Those who stayed booed and jeered. On the bright side, let's hope that this will be a caution to anyone considering doing another film about bike racing or a racer to make it with respect, authenticity and understanding of our sport.
We can only hope!
Harry

22-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hollywood's latest racing film
Absolutely, this is why I was very worried about the talk of a film on Mike Hailwood.
22-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, how can any film maker ever hope to live up to the standards set by Silver Dream Racer?
23-05-2003, 06:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Every film on motor car racing has also been a disaster. Danger film makers do not enter here.
23-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

YEH---The film "GREEN HELMET" is in Black and white and had SID JAMES as a mechanic-------FOR GODS SAKES !!

anybody seen it on TCM ????

Time to remake NO LIMIT !!!?????????????
23-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, we could use DAVID as a representative star to play his Dad--

The likeness is quite staggering.......

see <A HREF="http://www.hailwoodlodge.com">www.hailwoodlodge.com</A>

23-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, sadly the Green Helmet was based on a book written by a famous Australian author Neville Schute. And it wasn't meant to be a comedy.
How about the end sequence of the film "On the Beach" with Fred Astair, of all people, racing around Phillip Island. They say you should not perform with animals or children, well I would like to add racing machinery to that old chesnut.
24-05-2003, 04:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe Arnie Swarzenneger hoped to star in a biopic on Edgar Jessop, but the scheme fell on the impossibility of finding plimsolls big enough.
24-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don, do you remember "Sidecar Racers" featuring one American star, supported by a host of Australian actors probably made in the early 70's. Some excellent footage from Bathurst included and Sydney Showground speedway as well. Local riders and pit crew being cast as extras. Probably one of the better motorcyling movies but yes, none will surpass No Limit.
24-05-2003, 11:20 PM