MGP course changes
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: MGP course changes
Just to give you guys and gals an update, the New Governors Bridge section will be closed until well after the TT. THe new round about bit at the bottom end is well out of the way of the racing lines and also is made out of removable sections, so presumeably will be removed prior to the TT starting. The only thing to really look out for thats new all around the course is the new exit from Braddan which may feel a little strange at first with the ridge and flick from left to right being slightly less so may catch a few out first couple of times round, but should be fine after a few laps.

The most worrying parts for me is the chess board over the mountain. I think this has been mentioned somewhere else on this board, but it is a worry. There are large patches close together in a few places and of course they are not as flat as first expected. OK for normal day cars but for bikes at speed very very dangerous. Espcially coming into Kates and really from the veranda to Kates there are a few dodgy places. Don't really know what they were trying to prove but I think it would have been better in a few places to do the whole road (was tempted to put hole but managed to stop myself), and not just the patching.

My advice be really careful. I am sure Cargo will update you all about what and where just to keep you guys and gals informed.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
29-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
MGP course changes - by cargo - 28-04-2008, 07:22 AM
RE: MGP course changes - by thewitch - 28-04-2008, 08:33 AM
RE: MGP course changes - by gary the nurse - 28-04-2008, 11:15 AM
RE: MGP course changes - by thewitch - 28-04-2008, 11:42 AM
RE: MGP course changes - by Phil Windrum - 28-04-2008, 04:34 PM
RE: MGP course changes - by Hilary M - 28-04-2008, 05:31 PM
RE: MGP course changes - by orange - 28-04-2008, 05:47 PM
RE: MGP course changes - by DCLUCIE - 29-04-2008, 01:18 PM
RE: MGP course changes - by cargo - 30-04-2008, 11:22 AM